Can a hobbyist ever fly at night?

Sounds good to me !

2 Likes

It’s not in the drone code and not in the parts of the ANO that apply to drone flying, other than that you retain general obligations regarding safe flying, privacy etc.

In my spare time I’m trying to put together a document that links to and summarises all the legal guidance for various locations (National Trust, Forestry Commission, Crown Estate, private land etc), which obviously I’ll share here if I get it to a state I’m sufficiently happy with.

3 Likes

As far as I am aware, recreational flights can be at any time. The only time there is anything extra required is for PFCO Operators who want to add night ops to their OM’s.

2 Likes

Ikopta (Dylan) covered this a few weeks back.

1 Like

Probably all the links for your Information is already in my post in the Members Only Area
GADC Members Information Pack.

That certainly covers a fair bit, but doesn’t cover all the questions I keep seeing about where people can legally fly. I’ll try not to duplicate anything already covered elsewhere, but one of the problems people have is that requirements and guidance are spread across so many different sources.