Can anyone suggest what circuit board is best for a Self build

Good morning everyone. It is my first time on here and I welcome anyone who can suggest what circuit board is best for building a drone that can be connected to my smartfone and then programmed to follow some basic commands - like hover and land on the same spot and take a pic whilst airborne in my flat. Not much to do during lockdown so I want to be well prepared if there is another one.

Good morning everyone.

It’s my first time on here and I welcome anyone who can suggest what circuit board is best for building a drone that can be connected to my smartphone and then programmed to follow some basic commands - like hover and land on the same spot and take a pic whilst airborne in my flat.

You’re best getting a mavic mini

3 Likes

and then using LITCHI control software which will allow you to run missions ie…

1 Like

Even though the Mini (2) is small it’s not the type of quad I would recommend for flying indoors, especially if you’ve never flown anything before. You could put it into a hover, land it, maybe rotate it, but that will get very boring very quickly.

For indoor stuff and to gain familiarisation I would suggest the Tello drone. This can be flown from your phone in many different ways, such as using conventional screen joysticks, autonomously using an APP such as DroneBlocks. There are two other APPs I can highly recommend but they are not free. One is called TelloFPV which is light years ahead of the official APP. This will do basic return to home features, allow for FPV with a cheap Google Cardboard type headset, along with many features for video and stills. The other is called TelloMe. This allows provides object tracking.

A couple of accessories that will increase the experience are a Bluetooth Game Controller, and a USB WiFi repeater for increasing range when outdoors. The Tello can be flown outdoors but only on very calm days.

2 Likes