Can I fly while at work? (re COVID-19)

Going to work night shift 6-6. Can I fly during my break? No one about with all other manufacturers closed, so estate is desolated. Would be just straight up and down. Before complete darkness.
Thanks

Sure, fine by me :man_shrugging:

But you’ll need to provide more information in order to get a more informed response mate.

Are you in an NFZ? Built up area? Flight in line with Drone code? Etc? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

All rules met, it’s just the present situation the reason I ask. Have not gone out to by car to fly. Just a gap in my shift, with no one disturbing me.
Thanks

If you’re not in breach of the Drone Code then you’re not in breach of the Drone Code :slight_smile:

As far as the COVID situation goes, I think the only limitation is on travel, social distancing, etc, which you don’t appear to be in breach of either. I can’t see a problem here (assuming we have all the details).

3 Likes

You can fly. If the area is deserted and if you don’t have anisy bird or blinding lights then the chance of being seen is minimal. You just need an excuse if some nosey b*stard challenges you.

“Co-operating with the local police in watching the streets for people. So, what are YOU doing wandering around …?”

2 Likes

If your on your works property while flying, I can’t see a problem. It’s certainly safer than going for a lunchtime stroll down the street.

1 Like

Go fly, but do me a favour…not Just “straight up and down” ?
Put in a bit of a run around as well? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Technically the law only affects the reasons you can leave your home - what you do after that is not specifically prohibited. But don’t expect a police officer to appreciate the fine distinction :grinning:

1 Like

Well, that’s that. The bu____rs at work have installed cctv so cant nip out for a sneaky flight. Not a happy bunny​:unamused::unamused:

It’s amazing what you could do to a cctv cam with a bit of spray paint provided you know the angle :thinking:

:rofl: Or a really bright light shining straight at it?

That’s a notveryprettyboy :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Or you could just ask your employer if they would let you fly the bird during your break. Just saying.

I asked my employer if I could fly from our car park, as it’s almost deserted apart from the essential workers cars, they had no objection it’s surrounded by cctv as well so told security what I was doing and they were happy. Got a nice flight overlooking a deserted city which wouldn’t normally be possible

1 Like

Glad it worked out. Look forward to seeing the footage😃

Thanks for all the replies. Didn’t fly, worked here for 41 years and wouldn’t ask them for the time of day. Ah well, roll on retirement and freedom of movement.

2 Likes