Cannock Chase - Drone Flight

Always a good place to fly your drone. Heres a youtube vid of my highlights from last friday when i visited. DJI Mavic Air 2

3 Likes

Nice to see you’re sticking to and following the Stafford District Council “No drone” policy! :grinning: :grinning:

Depends what bit of the chase you’re on.

The land in public ownership includes:

• Cannock Chase Country Park (Staffordshire County Council)
  • Cannock Chase Forest (Forestry England)
  • Castle Ring and Hazelslade Local Nature Reserve (Cannock Chase Council)
  • Gentleshaw Common (Lichfield District Council - managed by Staffordshire Wildlife Trust)
  • Shoal Hill Common (South Staffordshire Borough Council and Cannock Chase Council)

Land owned by charities includes Shugborough mansion and estate (National Trust), Beaudesert Activity Centre (The Beaudesert Trust), and George’s Hayes and Piggot’s Bottom nature reserve (Staffordshire Wildlife Trust).

Who looks after the AONB?

Formal legal responsibility for Cannock Chase AONB lies with the five local authorities that cover the area (Staffordshire County Council, Cannock Chase Council, Lichfield District Council, Stafford Borough Council and South Staffordshire Borough Council).

TLDR - just fly.

1 Like

Sometimes youve just gotta do it.

The old saying…… “if a drone flys in an empty forest does it make a sound?” Haha

1 Like

I also use the Air2, a very capable drone.

Sorry new bloke here but I have flown on CC a few times as I used to live over there.
This has probably been posted up before so humble apologies If sucking eggs come to mind, but on the Cannock Chase FAQ’s is the following:

Where can I fly my drone?
Drone operators must have permission from the owner of the land where a drone takes off and lands. When flying drones please look after Cannock Chase and respect other users and avoid disturbance to wildlife. Flying drones is not permitted on nature reserves, Sites of Special Scientific Interest or on National Trust property.

Surly this covers it? Take off on car park. Not visitors centre then fly on to the Chase. Just keep away from the NT properties.