Can't connect Galaxy S10E phone to DJI Mini 2 controller

Have you tried the USB-C cable that came with your old MM?

1 Like

That doesn’t come with a USB-C to USB-C cable (I’ve lent it out anyway) but I tried another and it’s the same.

Thanks all for your help, much appreciated. Does seem to be what I first thought from initial troubleshooting.

I’ll send it back to Very. Just a shame it will take another two weeks to get a replacement after already waiting a week.

Ah yeah, I forgot the controller is different…

Just a quick one and you probably did this already but just in case, when you installed the app did you allow all the permissions?

1 Like

Yep. Oh well, guess it was just a dud controller :frowning:

Thats a shame hopefully you’ll get your replacement quickly. Did you say you had used that phone with your mini before?

Yep, never had any issue before with that.

Please could someone change the thread title to S10e?

well if its not charging your phone when connected then the charge phone tab aint turned on :slight_smile: and should work fine with the s10 and i have the S10+ :slight_smile:

Have you enabled Developer Options on the Android phone? In particular, USB Debugging Mode? Sometimes I have seen that prevents charging. Just a thought.

Pretty hard to do anything about options if you can’t connect the phone to the rc in the first place…

I’ve sent it back now anyway.

Fingers crossed it was a poorly unit and not user error :man_shrugging:

I’m pretty sure that’s the case as the mini 1 is probably the easier drone ever to set up and I’ve never had any issue with this phone on others.

I’m on the S20 + and installed and tested and it works perfectly but I actually don’t use it as I bought a dedicated Galaxy Note 8 to stay in drone bag for my drones.

I tested a S10 5g today installed and worked perfectly straight off the bat without changing anything in developer options, even changing usb connection options from one to another still recognised when connected.

1 Like

Yup that’s exactly my experience using this phone with all other drones.

I had an issue like this, turned out I had plugged cable into wrong slot on controller - DOH!

I hope I covered that in the OP. The correct slot is the only one on the top (on the right) afaik.

New one just arrived. Controller works instantly straight out of the box, starts charging too.

So that’s a result.

2 Likes

Also, for reference:

The remote controller automatically charges Android devices. For iOS devices, first make sure that charging is enabled in DJI Fly. Charging for iOS devices is disabled by default and needs to be enabled each time the remote controller is powered on.

1 Like

Great result, Happy days :+1:t2:

1 Like