Castle Stalker, Appin

I thought I’d head up to Appin on the west coast last night, grab a few hours kip in the car then catch the early light on Castle Stalker. Not my best idea to date as I woke up with a numb hands, couldn’t feel my feet and the car windows were covered in frost! It was worth it though as I got my photos and the light on the castle was great :+1:t2: :grinning: Oh and I found another bridge I hadn’t come across before.

18 Likes

Really nice shots, I need to go there soon.

1 Like

Cheers! :+1:t2:

Thought you must already have the Monument Master Badge … either way, you have now. :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers! :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

These are stunning @Drumsagard I particularly love the bridge casting the huge shadow in B&W!

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful shots. Yes we did have a hard frost last night!
Funny, I often drive past there but I’ve never got round to putting the drone up.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve :+1:t2: I tried the bridge in colour too, but it looked more striking in mono.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew :+1:t2: This is on your doorstep too. I’ve photographed this location a lot over the years, but noticed yesterday it’s now getting harder to find somewhere to park, there were cones, signs and ropes everywhere. I finished up walking along the shore from the Jubilee Bridge and taking off from the beach.

1 Like

Good photos - a great collection (and worth a cold night in the car, imho).

1 Like

Thanks Geoff :+1:t2:

1 Like

You could probably park in the Old Inn, on the corner, if you were having lunch there maybe.

2 Likes

Now photographs like that are the reason I bought a drone…that I haven’t been able to fly yet because it doesn’t connect with my phone :slight_smile: :frowning: New phone should arrive tomorrow :slight_smile: :joy:

Really good images

2 Likes

Thanks @munroman, hope you get flying soon! :+1:t2: