Cheap Lock Down Quad (Emax Tinyhawk freestyle1/2)

I’m surprised you could fly with the amount of shit on your fpv camera :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah ha! But you got turtle mode sorted. I’ve never actually managed that. Is that with upgraded vtx/rx?

Yeah I put a crossfire nano on it. I don’t have a frsky tx so had to do something. The vtx is stock and I’ll stay with it as it’s not giving me any problems.
But I’ve just ordered this to replace the terrible camera

1 Like

I couldn’t see much to enjoy it. The dvr over states the quality. In the goggles, it was hard.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve heard that one comes with added less shit!

So you found the in built vtx at 25mw is sufficient…?

1 Like

The Runcam nano2 was the suggested upgrade for the camera in most of the YouTube videos I’ve watched. It’s the same camera that emax put in the V2 version of the tinyhawk freestyle. :+1:t2:

I’ve got the freestyle 2 and I’m upgrading it to crossfire RX and looking at upgrading the VTX to the TBS unify pro32 nano.

1 Like

Seems ok. I’m running a fusion with a vas patch and lumineer omni. Went about 400m before it was breaking. But I only really want it for close range anyway

I did look, and there is printable upgrade mounts. Just trying to keep the weight down though. I’ll be selling the stock cam on ebay for a fiver I reckon. Dog shit and all :rofl:

1 Like

I’m running the Fatshark Scout goggles with the standard fatshark omni and what ever patch is built into the goggles so I need the VTX to be more powerful lol

I think the TBS Unify pro32 nano will be a pretty decent upgrade and its half the size of the standard VTX so should reduce the weight even more! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Are you sure? Is your video rubbish? Most of the time, a patch is useless anyway unless its pointing at the quad. Try my omni next time we meet up. But your goggles should be good.

1 Like

It isn’t rubbish, but with crossfire if the need arises l don’t want to be held back by the VTX :+1:t2:

And regards to the size of the pro32 nano:

2 Likes

Fuck me! I didn’t realise it was THAT small. Hmmm :thinking:

2 Likes

It also goes upto 500mw :ok_hand:t2:

For any drone police I have the correct licence to run them at 500mw (honest :wink:)

1 Like

I find the standard camera adequate, certainly not the best I’ve flown but not the worst either (ever flown the standard camera on a Walkera Rodeo 110 or 150?).

I do have a spare Runcam Nano2 collecting dust at the moment and I will at some point put it into one of the THF’s. I’ve decided not to bother swapping out the VTX as it’s more faffing for little return. The standard VTX is capable of 200milliwatts and to get any meaningful improvement would require at least a difference of 6dB (800milliwatts). That bloody inverse square law bites you every time.

Nidge.

1 Like

Found a better way of unlocking to 200?

My latest mod is a mount for the Foxeer pico camera. I’ve only tried it in the house, but looks great. I’ve put it on thingiverse if anyone wants it.
Thanks to @DeanoG60 for suggesting a better protected mount, and for future mods which he has kindly donated to me. A unify 32 nano vtx and sled!
@DeanoG60 Legend

1 Like

Already started soldering mine up :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Just finished the upgrades to my Tinyhawk Freestyle 2.
The soldering was extremely challenging for a first timer but I got it done and it’s now working, only gave it a hover test in my living room but everything went ok.

Upgrades fitted:

• TBS Unify pro32 nano VTX

• TBS Nano RX

• TrueRC Short Antenna

Installed using the Tiny LEDS Sled.

:grin:

2 Likes

Gonna be doing the save mods myself soon! As soon as the sled arrives…

Good luck with soldering :rofl: although if you’re a seasoned pro with a soldering iron it probably won’t be so bad. This was my very first time soldering anything! I’m surprised it actually still works to be honest :rofl:

The worst bit is soldering the 5v and ground and the video in and the smart audio as the pins from the original VTX are microscopic that the sled sits on its extremely easy to bridge the pads without even noticing so double and triple check those pads.