Cheddar Gorge

Stunning!

1 Like

Yes, it is a pretty amazing place. Thanks for looking.

1 Like

Where about is it? Staffordshire way? I know I have seen signs for it along the M6

It is in Somerset (or could be Avon), to the east of Weston-Super-Mare on the south side of the Mendip Hills.

I was way off the mark then :man_facepalming:t3: A little too far for me too travel to for some pics.

I stayed down there for a couple of nights - took the dog. I have put up the car ride from the bottom to top if you want to take a quick look.

When I have processed it, I will also upload the drone flight I managed.

1 Like

Love the pictures - particularly the one of the road from above.

1 Like

Great shots! :heart_eyes: Was only thinking of flying here last week :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great set of photos - haven’t been to Cheddar Gorge for yonks - stunning place :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Steve. Appreciated. The weather was a nightmare - so misty when I got there and it cleared enough for me to get a bit of video and a few photos before it then pissed down. Was going to go back down to Kilve on the way back as the video I got there a couple of days before was out of focus - I know, I’m a knob!! The rain put paid to that though.

1 Like

Nice place too, I fly there a lot :ok_hand:

This has definitely made me want to do cheddar though! :ok_hand: and near by(ish) Chew Valley Lake :+1:t4:

1 Like

Great photos, love the overhead s bend one. Reminds me of the only time I’ve been there, grey wet and misty lol

1 Like

Wow great shots it looks stunning. :+1:

1 Like

Nice photos. :grinning: I have a few pictures I took several years ago (before there were drones) and in one of them there’s some nutcase climbing up near the top of the cliff. A million £ wouldn’t tempt me to have a go.

1 Like

No chance. Scrambling half way up the other side to fly was bad enough lol.

Nice piccys

1 Like

Here he is, and not even a rope. Didn’t realise this photo was so old (2008)

1 Like

Crazy

Heights didnt really bother me until I watched a TV programme called free solo :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Mad !!!