Chorlton Ees and Ivy Green Nature Reserve - Added to Wildlife Trust in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

I parked at Turn Moss car park off Edge Lane (postcode M32 8QD), there is also a small car park accessible via a road/track from Brookburn Road (M21 8EH).

There is a network of footpaths throughout the area including along the north bank of the River Mersey. I found a quiet spot during the evening but be aware the paths can be busy at times. Also, this is a designated Local Nature Reserve so avoid disturbance to wildlife.

Hazards: electricity pylons to the south running through Sale Water Park; M60 motorway south of that; pedestrians, dogs, and birds.

The playing fields at Turn Moss are often quiet and suitable for flying from; hazards there are pedestrians, dogs, and housing/school to the north.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 27/05/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

PS: I’ve put “landowner permission not required” because the nature reserve is controlled by Manchester City Council and at the time of writing I have not found a drone policy on their website; however the Turn Moss playing fields are controlled by Trafford Council, who do have a policy against taking off/landing from their land. Visitors can check their websites for any updated policies.

3 Likes