Church of St-Martha-On-The-Hill

Pretty pleased with how these shots turned out but annoyingly the shots all seem like they’re zoomed in (and hence the quality has been dragged through a bush) after editing on Premiere Pro, anyone know how to fix this?

4 Likes

Pretty pleased with how these shots turned out but annoyingly the shots all seem like they’re zoomed in (and hence the quality has been dragged through a bush) after editing on Premiere Pro, anyone know how to fix this?

I don’t even know what drone you used, never mind what format you recorded in, what resolution, any other video settings :man_shrugging:t2:

I also don’t know what your usual work flow steps are on your computer, what your output settings are… man… the list of things I don’t know about this video is endless :smiley:

Give us as much detail as you can @Arrowpointfilms and we might be able to help :+1:t2:

Also, if you can upload the original / un-edited video to dropbox or something and share a link, I’m sure someone will take a look for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

And out of interest, where is “St-Martha-On-The-Hill” ?

1 Like

Guildford!

Thanks Chris :smiley:

It shows DJI Mini 2 in the title of the YT vid. And same on their previous vid.

@Arrowpointfilms - it looks like a couple of things at play …

1. It could something wrong with your sequence settings, it looks to me like the sequence frame rate is less than the clips frame rate
  2. If you are changing the speed or duration of any of the clips, change Frame Sampling to Optical Flow, it makes for a much smoother / less jerky playback
  3. Make sure you are using VBR 2 Pass in the Bitrate settings when encoding. Set Target Bitrate to 50mbps and Max Bitrate to 100 mbps. Tick Use Maximum Render Quality too.

1 Like

You make a valid point, I’m half asleep lol

I shot it on my DJI Mini 2, 4K 30fps, exposure +0.3, no zoom when filming.
When editing on premiere pro I exported as H.264 with the YouTube 4K UHD preset on. The only things I edited on the video were the contrast, temperature, exposure, highlights, and shadows (besides stitching them together and adding music)

1 Like

Cheers very much!
will give those a go and see if that fixes it

1 Like

Another good indicator is the file size of the exported video from Premiere Pro. Your 4K YT video is 3 mins 50 secs, so if properly encoded, I would expect that to output an MP4 about 1.5GB. If its considerably less than that, there is something wrong with the export settings.

2 Likes

Almost spot on, 1.45GB now, was 1.13GB before. It’s just exporting so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Heads up, VBR 2 pass takes considerably longer to encode - but its worth the wait.

1 Like

Finding that out the hard way now haha

1 Like

That’s definitely improved the jerkiness, thanks very much!
The only thing now is that the image still seems soft, similar to when you zoom in on the DJI fly app. When I look at the footage as imported into Premiere Pro the shot has definitely been cropped and zoomed in, any tips?

Make sure this is correct

Another thing to check is the scale of the clips on the Effects Control tab

Just changed it and there’s a visible difference even before export. Thank you very much!

And the finished product, thanks to @clinkadink !

Smoother than a freshly buttered bannister :clap:

The difference is night and day, stutter free and crystal clear :+1:

I would recommend saving those export settings as preset.

Just out of interest, as I know nothing about Premiere Pro, but why is your custom set to drop frame?