Clips for Flytron Cree strobes - Mavic 2 - Mini 2 - Air 2

Just ordered a pair now Andrew! Cheers

Thanks Steve, just seen it. They’ll be in the post tomorrow a.m.

1 Like

So where is the best place to put one or two Cree strobes on a mini 2 guys if I buy holders?

These ones will only clip to the rear arms and face downwards or rear facing as well I believe. Click the link and have a look, you can get undercarriage ones as well but they obstruct the power button

Sorry I can’t see the link
am I looking in the wrong place?

@Mike-B please try a few searches, the results will always be found if they exist. Here’s the thread you’re looking for: Where to attach Flytron Cree LED on a Mini 2 for best visibility

If we could keep this thread on topic please everyone.

Apologies I’m still getting to grips with the forum rules etc

Mike, just PM’d you.

I use an MP2 currently with either 4 or 6 Strobon’s on. Either side of the rear legs & then a red/green on the side if I go for overkill on a bright day. I use them as a ‘just in case’ the military buzz by for max visibility. I was thinking if you did a V shaped option with a strobe on either side of the V but thinking if they’d be visible to aircraft?
What’s your thoughts Andrew?

2 Likes

It’s not a problem designing one Mark but realistically speaking, do many people go out with 4 or 6 strobes? I don’t know for sure but I would have thought there’s little chance of a jet or chopper pilot seeing a drone, even with strobes on. Does anyone know?
Interestingly, we had 2 Apaches fly over our garden yesterday, they looked very low but I’m guessing they were probably at 500’.

1 Like

Ive had an Airprox with an Airbus A400M & tbh yes apparently they were aware of me via the strobes. I received a very memorable phone call from RAF Brize Norton complimenting the fact I was using them & thanking me for the Airprox report :man_shrugging:
I was only asking as im using 3M dual-lock & looks a bit amateurish lol just interested in your thought as to if you think a dual aspect V shaped one would be practical

That’s really good to know. Well done.
Sent you P.M.

1 Like

Just a quick note. Thanks to a request from @MTLakes, I’m now doing a V section clip that takes two strobes, one forwards and one backwards. So you can fit 4 on the rear arms of a Mavic 2.

3 Likes

Looking awesome. I’ll be ordering a set :+1::+1:
You didn’t add the link so I’ll pop the one you sent me on here

1 Like

Any chance of getting this for the mini 2?

2 Likes

Chris, I wasn’t planning on it, as a pair with 4 strobes would put the take-off weight over 250g and I wouldn’t be comfortable with only on one side.

3 Likes

These look great Andrew, do they fit the Mavic 2 Pro?

Yes they do. I’ve a M2Zm which is what Andrews designed for me - well impressed.

They do indeed John. But it’s a bit early for Christmas decorations! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: I’m still tempted :+1: