Controlled Airspace - Glasgow

Those “nutters” are taking action against corrupt governments and corporates on your behalf. I would have thought “thank you” was a more appropriate response.

@ash2020

You going to post a link to your live stream today?

Should start at about 10 a.m.

My livestream link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/356009415294046/
Cheers

1 Like

That does rather depend …

https://greyarro.ws/t/feckless-idiots-warning/7961

2 Likes

Firstly, check a suitable air-map other than DJI which I have found not to be very comprehensive and often lacking. If this is only class D airspace which it looks like it may be, then by law you can fly there as long as you maintain the drone code. The centre of Glasgow would most likely be a no go in reality unless you can find a space that is 150m away from all built up areas (A massive relatively unoccupied park or field).

Importantly, around cities you need to be vigilant with regards to helicopters (Police, Air rescue, Ambulance, News, etc). These may sometimes be flown lower than 120m AGL. My best advise is don’t wear headphones while flying so you can hear other air users at a distance. This will allow you to hear other air users and lower your quad in a timely and safe fashion.

If you can fly, but don’t feel safe, don’t risk it.

With current drone issues, I can guarantee that you won’t get permission to fly outside of the drone code as an uninsured non-commercial drone pilot. With a PfCO, it would take weeks to go through the right channels to get permission… or not!

As a guy who love flying RC, I’d say definitely take your drone though as you just never know.

Sorry Ash,but definitely “NOT” on my behalf…:neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

Didn’t get a chance to watch your link, work was hectic.

See it was at Trongate and involved blocking road with a boat lol. Im guessing you couldn’t find anywhere to fly around there.

Those boat launches and catches are always tricky

2 Likes

No, completely impossible. And it was swarming with police so someone would have noticed me taking off.

Any way round it with a Mavic Pro??

Wanted to take some footage along the River Clyde in Central Glasgow

Thanks for any help

Moved your post to this thread that should provide you with some information.

Also take a look at DroneScene.

I would have thought as you are in the middle of the city, you couldn’t fly at all? Drone code says never fly above cities or towns at any height.

1 Like