Posting and shipping couriers that handle drone batteries on their own

https://greyarro.ws/t/need-some-advice-about-posting-batteries/9325/7?u=ozonevibe

Is this the section you are referring to Dave?.

Electronic devices sent with lithium batteries
(including mobile phones, digital cameras, etc) where the battery is not
connected to the device.
Packaging guidelines: The maximum number of lithium batteries allowed in
each parcel is the minimum number required to power the device plus two
spares. For lithium ion/polymer batteries the Watt-hour rating must not exceed
20Wh per cell or 100Wh per battery. For lithium metal/alloy batteries the lithium
content must not be more than 1g per cell or 2g per battery. The maximum net
quantity of cells or batteries is 5kg per parcel. Each cell and battery must be of a
type proven to meet the requirements of each test in the UN Manual of Tests and
Criteria, Part III, section 38.3. Cells or batteries that are defective or damaged
are forbidden. Cells and batteries must be packed in inner packagings that
completely enclose the cell or battery and protect them from short circuit. The
equipment sent with cells or batteries must be packed in strong rigid packaging
and must be secured against movement within the outer packaging and packed
to prevent accidental activation. Must be presented at the counter. Senderā€™s name
and address must be visible on the parcel.

Iā€™m referring to that post and the image in it.

I bought some spares from a forum member a while ago and he used a company called inpost lockers. If you google them it will tell you where the nearest locker is to your location. A bit like amazon drop box. That any goodšŸ˜€

Going to drive up to yuneec on monday. See if I can bag some goodies while Iā€™m there and of course will be wearing the greyarrows hoodiešŸ˜

4 Likes

Hmmm. Amazon will ship lipoā€™s. And you can sell your stuff via Amazonā€¦

1 Like

We should sort a system out on here to get drone stuff around the Country.
Must be loads of people travelling around at any one time up and down the UK.
Just my 5 penneth

2 Likes

Now ,that,seriously,is a great ideaā€¦:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Nice idea. This is good. I travel LOTS. I donā€™t necessarily need the dollar, just a flying buddy on the travels.

1 Like

I regularly go to derbyshire from portsmouth area 2 or 3 times minimum. I would be more then happy to help out fellow flyers in my area. if they wanted batteries or any other drone related gear taking up there,likewise anything needed to come to portsmouth area on my my way backā€¦:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand: oh,and NO charge ,happy to helpā€¦:rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe we need a new category.

3 Likes

Sounds like we may have some interest here.
This idea has come about because of the difficulty of getting the batteries for my drone from A to B.
I am interested in buying 2 batteries from one of our members in Nantwich, Cheshire, and I have to get them to Norwich,Norfolk, I do not care if they go via wherever, and on to wherever, as long as the relay gets them somewhere near enough for me to pick them up.
Even getting them to London would be a help!, as my daughter lives there.
Hopefully I have sown a seed, now letā€™s see if (somehow) we can fill the gaps.
This could potentially help a lot of members out, if planned properly, and save a lot of worry of lost postage,damaged,etc.

2 Likes

Just received a delivery of a anemometer from Amazon. On the front of the package was a very large UN3091 dangerous battery label with phone numbers to call in emergency and a Response Access Code 333146.

The battery in question? A CR2032 lithium coin type as used in computer mother boards and the like.

Health and safety overkill? I have probably got a good number of devices with similar batteries around the house and never considered they might be an issue worth losing sleep over. Apparently I should be worried !?

2 Likes

Everybody knows that the " elf and safety nazis"are trying to make things impossible for everyone.Now you cant use ladders to get on the roof for repairs,you have to put scaffolding up!feck the lot of em!!!:rage::rage: so no surprise they now kick up a fuss over a bloody coin size battery!:rofl::rofl:

Jees

I travel from portsmouth to inverurie on occasion throughout the year. And in between lots. And then Holland to Ireland. Sometimes in a day (not Holland to Ireland!). But it is not regular. If I can make a detour, I will as you lot are buddies. But this sort of idea needs a logistical aspect / focal point. Some sort of pinned post that has a calendar etc? I understand if this sort of behaviour can be considered as courier activity and so may implicate you @GADC_Committee?

Further to an earlier post in this thread where I described problem with faulty Power Bank RAVPower 26800mAh Portable Charger 26800mAh 3-Port.

To recap. Amazon reimbursed me and asked me to dispose of the faulty unit safely. So it went to Curryā€™s battery bin.

Got email yesterday from RAVPower customer services asking if I would like to receive a complimentary replacement free of charge? That was a tough one ! I just received a confirmation I will receive it tomorrow. Indeed they did follow up with Amazon when I reported the original fault and emailed me to see if they could help.

Good and totally unexpected customer service. D.J.I. please take note - rather forlorn hope!

2 Likes

Guys,
Need some urgent advice to the best way to post a drone with itā€™s batteries to another member on here.
Royal Mail is one of the many Companies who will not allow Batteries to be posted.
Anyone got any suggestions?.

I thought you could as long as they are shipped in the drone or with it.