Coverdrone Insurance

I know this thread is a couple of months old. As I fly the 3 drones I have, I have been quoted £263 for them all. Did ask if I would get a reduction for pfco training but only required for hobbiest use. Still awaiting reply.

I was quoted £120 pa - at £10 pm it suits me fine ( just the cost of a Costa coffee & toastie ). Cover drone have a pretty good rep and their policies are very detailed so there is no hidden small print. For a tenner I’m happy in the knowledge that my 1K+ investment is protected if the SHTF. Ive no doubt that Bollox & Barsteward will do it much cheaper, but I prefer to be with a proper insurance company with a track record. Sadly is all about what is affordable, but I want to limit the chances of losing my investment as best I can. ( for my tenner pm, I have the remote, tablet etc etc covered as well as the 3rd party liability ). It might not be “reasonable”, but its def not “unreasonable” IMHO of course

2 Likes

What is the excess on your policy?

1 Like

I chose the £100 excess option as I recall but i need to check - it certainly wasn’t any more.

2 Likes

I am looking to obtain insurance for my drone and have got a quote from Coverdrone. Listing the Mavic 2 Pro & the Mavic Mini and using for recreational use only (using £1600 as an amount for the cost of airbourne equipment - I did not bother with ground based for the purpose of the quote as the controller will still be in my hand), they are quoting about £142, which includes £1M public liability built in.

Has anyone any experience of using Coverdrone? Do you consider this good value for money (considering the cost of DJI Care Refresh which only compensates if you can send them the knackered drone)? Does anyone know of any better options?

If I were to start doing any commercial work, I would either find out the cost of upgrading with Coverdrone (if I were to take it) or join the BMFA which I believe offers insurance with membership.

I, like most people, object to paying insurance but I would like to get some that is fit for purpose.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

@Mavic2Pro I’ve moved your question to an existing Coverdrone thread.

Yes, lots, over here:

2 Likes

Thanks Rich, I will have a look.

Hi, I have been using coverdrone for a couple of years and have found the pricing fairly reasonable for recreational insurance. On the commercial side of things I’ve not really done any commercial work but I have a pay as you fly insurance that I can buy through the app as and when. This could probably work out cheaper depending on how often you do commercial work. Haven’t used it as yet but I thought it would be useful to mention this as an option

2 Likes

@DiamondDragon Thanks Sam, that was very useful. I think I will give them a go.

I took the plunge and went with Coverdrone.

I entered in the region of £1700 for airbourne and £1147 for ground kit. This covers the drone for any incident providing I am flying within the law and the whole lot, including my 10" tablet, filters (all Polarpro), all accessries and cases in the case of theft.

The cover was £175 and covers the M2P and the Mini 2. Quite expensive but at least should cover most eventualities.

Thanks for your help guys.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not following this part… What’s in the ground kit to make it that value? :thinking:

1 Like

Think he means the “accessories” tablet etc

1 Like

Life insurance, incase he flys it into himself :wink:

1 Like

A tablet, controllers, filters and all other accessories as well as the cases. I totted up the cost of it all and what wasn’t up in the air was what was left on ground. Obviously I wouldn’t be flying 2 drones at the same time, but if both cases were taken from the car that total is what it would cost to replace.

1 Like

It could happen, especially to me lol

1 Like

Ooft! Just had my renewal notice through from Coverdrone for my commercial insurance and it’s gone up by nearly 25%! Three times current inflation rates so very difficult not to see it as just another company taking advantage of the cost of living crisis to hide price gouging.

They’ll be getting a call as soon as they open on Monday. Time to switch (and look at PAYG).

(sorry for reviving a dormant thread, but didn’t want to start a whole thread just to get that off my chest. As you were :wink: )

1 Like