Crashed

A DJI Care Refresh would have gotten you someone elses refurb, so this…

…is exactly what I’d do.

I’d stump up the £370 and get back the drone that I know and love.

5 Likes

Have to agree with Rich, at least you know the drone you sent away will be (apart from parts replaced!) you Old best friend back into the fold.
I’d suck the £370 cost ,and put it down to a mistake you will not make again !.
Even if you could find a replacement, it will never feel the same to you.

2 Likes

£370 seems ok for you to get your own drone back.

When I saw the quote before discount, I too thought it might be better to get a second hand MP flymore combo for around £500/£550. You could sell one of the controllers and get some money back.

1 Like

Agree there, getting your own drone back,is worth it ,for peace of mind alone. As Chris says,you will NOT make that mistake again.good luck,whatever road you take… :wink: :wink:

You don’t have accidental damage cover via your household insurance do you ?

Mine has items away from the home, accidental damage, £50 excess. They only have to be specifically named if they are over £2500, otherwise they are covered on my policy.

Simon

@flames7607 I think it’s a safe bet your premiums would increase by more than £370 over the next five years.

Gotta get their money back somehow eh :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very true Rich,i had to think twice before deciding NO to putting the drone on home contents insurance…they don’t like you claiming,that’s for sure,but taking your money,no problem… :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the input guys. Im going to bite the bullet and get it repaired. I know the old girl and I know prior to this she was bathed in cotton wool LOL.
Drone Doctors will pull all data off and give me the reason for the loss of comms. I asked as id done nothing different at the time batteries full, compass calibrated on site etc. Im sure it will be my fault but with flying dales not far away ( I was one mile outside no fly zone).
The chaps at Drone Doctor have been great so far. The data check they said would be no extra charge.
At least when she is back ill be confident its been a top notch repair and I won’t have any worries on that score. Plus if there is any issues and god forbid another incident due to repairs and the authorities are involved. I can state its been to an authorised repair centre. Don’t think that will occur though. Reading the blog page on their site shows the high degree of training they have undertaken.

7 Likes

Good man :+1:t2:

Thanks for sharing your experience with Drone Doctor too, it’s nice to hear some positive feedback from a service provider!

7 Likes

Well the old girl is repaired and due for delivery to me on Monday.
As far as customer service has gone so far I can say the guys at Drone doctors have been good.
Interestingly they had a look at data and said there was no definitive reason for the fly away. I did ask for them too be honest and let me know if I had been a numpty and done something wrong.
So the exact reason may not be known. I’m assured that they have flight tested the MP and it’s gone through all their quality assurance testing ok.

9 Likes

Its back. New bodywork, she looking good. when the weather picks up will give her a run out. Quick 10 min flight on Monday to check and all seems well.

5 Likes

8 Likes