Crystalsky Monitor

I use a 100w Phantom 4 charger for mine:

If it’s delayed, your quite welcome to come and watch mine :smiling_imp:

@Rafter So kind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So this is the power supply I have and am hoping will do the job.
QUESTION: Does the plug look correct with its thin centre pin and is the wiring to the plug likely to need modification… I don’t know how the PSU output is currently wired?
The PSU is a replacement brick for a Dell laptop

Thanks as ever

Jj

Mmm good news, bad news.

Good news the monitor arrived and looks great.
Bad news my PSU does not seem to power the hub.

J

1 Like

Centre pin diameter problem?
You can get adapters if it is.

My finger has been hovering for CS but I’ve been reading about issues with brand spanking new ones. I’m just not feeling confident to order one, I was about to plunge in with a Cendence to boot.
@PingSpike you’ve had your CS for awhile can you shed some light on know issues? I’m thinking of the 7.8 Ultra Bright.

@OzoneVibe nah, not a diameter issue but possibly length. Mmm I’m sure there is a joke in there somewhere :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Njoro Most of the problems that I have heard of seem to revolve round the ultra but I have not really kept up to speed with either the issues or the resolution of said issues. I went with the High Brightness both for cost and stability reasons.

Mind you, right now I am feeling pretty P*SSED off with DJI. Having spent all that money, I can’t even switch the damn thing on because I don’t own a P3/4 or an Inspire and therefore don’t have a suitable charger. Looking online it seems that it’ll cost me yet more just to buy the PSU.

PLEASE if someone knows of a cheap PSU that will plug into and work the Crystalsky hub, please let me know ASAP.

Would this DEFINITELY work?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KFD-Professional-Advanced-Quadcopter-Remote-Control/dp/B01GYILJ3I/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1535573372&sr=8-27&keywords=dji+phantom+4+charger+-car

J

On a different note the CS comes with two batteries which need to be activated by charging them before first use. But I can only see myself needing one on any single flying session and therefore is it best that I charge just one and leave the other inactivated until I need it or is it better to activate the extra battery and just keep it at a nominal 50% charge until I use it?

J

I rotate both my CS batteries, as I do rotate all my drone batteries,

Not sure of the benefit of never activating a battery?

The CS batteries last forever too! I get +6hrs on a single battery, and that’s on an Ultra!

I knew my Mavic Pro charger wasn’t up to the job, hence me buying the Phantom 100w charger. The added advantage? I still only carry one charger as that Phantom charger also fits the Mavic Pro Advanced charging hub, so I only carry a single P4 charger with me, and no Mavic changer.

Not relevant here, but the Inspire charger is 180w and appears to have the same connector for the CS charging hub, I’ll confirm at the weekend.

There was a batch of Ultras that suffered from backlight failures.

Early models? Fine.

Late models? Also fine.

In between models? Very iffy… this applies to US editions and EU editions.

DJI issued a software patch to address the issue, but tbh, it’s utter bollocks. The patch simply slows down the processor usage, it naturally can’t address a physical hardware fault.

My advice, speaking from experience (and I’ve bought and sold helluva lot of CS Ultras over the last 12 months) is to buy a second hand early model 2017 grey import, or a late model 2018 EU edition :+1:

To confirm, this advice is only re Ultra models, not High Brightness (as they don’t have the ‘dodgy batch’ issue).

2 Likes

@PingSpike thank, you wouldn’t happen to have one for sale?

Check Facebook Marketplace, DJI charger

Try this on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TAIFU-2-Channel-Professional-Quadcopter-Standard/dp/B07D8TWGBB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535578802&sr=8-1&keywords=taifu+17.4

In stock and can have it for Friday

Yes!! I ordered the above PSU (the KFD one) and even took an Amazon Prime trial just to get it delivered next day for free and it is now plugged in and charging my CS batteries. ÂŁ17.99 all in.

I am now a happy camper :grin:

Can’t wait to fire up the CS for the first time

J

3 Likes

WOW!!! Ok that was worth it!
The monitor is wonderfully clear. Admittedly it is not full sunshine here at the moment but when I went out for a quick trial there was fairly bright sun. The CS is certainly considerably better than my iPad Pro and I have to say I will be happy to swap the iPad for this dedicated monitor.

I have a few issues with my eyes and every bit of brightness and clarity helps me so the CS is a major advantage for me.

Upshot… I am very happy with it and am looking forward to using it more and discovering its capabilities
:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

J

2 Likes

All’s well that ends well! :+1:

2 Likes

good to hear your sorted @jw33679

Thanks all. As tribute to your kindness and support, the homepage on my CS browser is this great forum.

Happy flying

J

4 Likes

Excellent news!! I knew you wouldn’t be disappointed :smiley:

:blush: