Decisions decisions

Luckily I’ve not had to count as most has been covered by selling my mavic pro.

The sad thing is I had 3/4s batteries and chargers previously but sold them as I’d moved to DJI!

Now gotta work out what batteries and chargers to buy without spending 100’s more

A bit late to the party, but a thumbs up tot he Nazgul 5 on 4S from me. Love mine - does everything from crazy freestyle stuff to chilled long range cruising. I’d look into spending a tenner on a GPS chip at some point if you don’t already have one. You’ll be pushing out further than you do with the tinyhawk and it’s nice to where you are, where home is, coordinates if you crash and stuff like speed etc.

Yup! For a while the stream of parcels was getting silly. Now it’s just the odd set of props, bits of wire and other little bits and pieces every now and then.

Flew my Naz for the first time in a fortnight or so yesterday. Amazing how quickly you (well, I) get rusty. Great to be out and just cruising around the fields in the sunshine though :+1:

I have a couple of UMT’s “TheFPV” 1500 4S batteries. They seem to do the job pretty well. £17 seems to be about the lowest I can find anywhere right now. Also have some GNB ones which are identical spec and price.

2 Likes

Myself and @notveryprettyboy use these:

As for chargers I wouldn’t cheap out personally get a decent smart charger with a balance port. I personally use the Hobbymate D6 Duo. But difficult to get hold of but is a fantastic charger and I do recommend. I’ve also been looking at the SkyRC Quattro:

Be careful when buying a charger as a lot of them don’t come with an AC input and will require you to buy an external DC power supply.

Alot of people use ISDT chargers so I’d say there a pretty solid choice also :ok_hand:t2:

A battery checker is also a worthy investment let’s you check the voltage level and balance of the cells in real time and will help detect failing batteries before you put them on the charger and risk a fire. I use this one:

It can also convert a Lipo into a usb power bank for emergency power to charge your phone or to use a bigger flight pack to charge your little 1s Tinyhawk batteries :+1:t2:

1 Like

Some great advice there.
I’ll look in to the gps chip as it sounds like that could be useful.

I’ve seen nothing but great reviews on the nazgul so it seems like a solid choice.

I’ll check them batteries out too!

1 Like

Awesome advice thank you @DeanoG60

The shopping list will be useful too!

It’s just what I use myself :+1:t2:

1 Like

Massively helpful though @DeanoG60 as I’m
Clueless without the guidance of people like you!

1 Like

I know first hand how difficult it was when I started the middle of last year lol so don’t mind helping other people get into the hobby just like I did. :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes