Derby Canal Series - Sandiacre to the M1 with motion tracked anchored text overlays

Im working on a massive project helping a charity in the promotion of the restoration of a canal in my city, part of which is my flying the entire route of the former canal.
In this section of the route I have used motion tracking in Sony Vegas Pro 18 to anchor text in certain places as I fly past such as locks and bridges. Really helps people see where things used to be located before the canal was abandoned and where it will be restored again.
anyone else used the Motion Tracking thing in SV ?

Andy

13 Likes

Well made video Andy and quite informative!

1 Like

Thanks, Yes hope it helps them with publicity. IVe got a lot more miles to flyover but wont be this weekend with this awful weather

1 Like

Nice job :+1: :+1: :+1: - very detailed

1 Like

Thanks, enjoy your Saturday

1 Like

I found this super interesting to see where the canal was. Nicely shot!

I hope the restoration project is a success. I will keep an eye and ear out for the progress.

1 Like

At first that video looked like the transition you get on Google earth. Fantastic work

1 Like

I like, apart from the copyright thing, sort of spoils it for me

1 Like

Thank you, I will have to do quite a few more flights to cover the whole route, hopefully get it done this year. In my first one I flew through a canal lock and under a bridge …

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks, ah yes I see what you mean.
I also survey the route for Google Street view so you can walk it at ground level

Cheers

Thanks, ah well. I never used to put copyright on stuff but I had stuff stolen quite a few times so try and keep it discreet in the corner. Thankfully these days if its on YouTube and someone reuploads it then it shows in my copyright list.
Cheers

1 Like

Thats mega mate!

Inside the lock is a great shot!! I havent dare fly under bridge yet haha!

Thanks for sharing! I will go check out your channel and other videos!

1 Like

Thanks, was rather scary as no way I could get it back from in there.
You have to accept that at any point during a flight it could hit something such as a bird and it will come down and wont survive, just have to accept that fact, that way you can enjoy flying and not worry.

Only had my drone since January but love it a lot. I have rather a lot of video, over 850. Also I make unique stuff with my 360 camera such as …

Cheers

1 Like

Absolutely! Agree with that mindset! I only got mine a month ago so haven’t had too many chances to go out and get used to it! Still a little nervous about the ‘am I okay to fly here or not’ and not disturbing anyone or attracting people while I’m still trying to figure out how to fly!
Dovedale isn’t far from me but am a little nervous about going there to fly as I thought it was frowned upon in places like that… You were lucky to have the stepping stones all to yourself! There’s been a huge queue for them every time I’ve been there walking with the family.

Great 360 vid there!! Very Stranger Things with the music! They mess with my brain a little I’m not going to lie haha!

1 Like

Yes once you have been out a few times you will get confident.
No you cant fly a drone at Dovedale, my Dovedale video is a 360 degree camera on a 3M selfie stick not drone footage! I got there as soon as the car park opened thats why its quiet. I was surveying it for Street View.
Music is the key to editing together a good video, I spend ages with music selection

Andy

Ahhhh Pardon my ignorance there! :slight_smile:
I had a couple of places lined up this weekend to head out and practice but typically weather has put a stop to those plans :rage:

Agree about music, it can definitely change a video! I’m well into my music so cant wait to get editing and finding the right music!

cheers!

1 Like

No probs, yes weather today is bloody horrid, I wont be doing any flying this weekend at all :frowning:

Andy

1 Like

Great video, but there’s no way you had VLOS for this

nice calming vid :slight_smile: i didnt even know about tthe old canal running that way (liveed round stapleford here for 10 years) also did u see the fire at Simms scrap metal, someone took a few vids and looks awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

honestly does anyone when they do this type of flight, lets be real, i know we should do etc

1 Like