Derwent edge walk - up to the launch site

This is small parts from the walk climbing higher and higher above the ladybower! You can even see my silhouette in one of the shots with my drone pack on ! Takes about 2 hours to hike it but no complaints with the view ! Usually start at daybreak unusual to see anyone before 10 on the hills during the week

6 Likes

Gorgeous! Some really good footage there, so sharp and vibrant :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s one hell of a walk I know that but every step your eyes are drawn to the beauty of the landscape

1 Like

Wonderful !!! Is Ladybower the reservoir that has the 2 “plug holes” ? I saw a vid of a Mavic Air being flown well down into one with the water really bombing down the hole - then he took it vertical - talk about brave flying.

1 Like

That’s the one

1 Like

cracking footage,gotta get up there myself,busy place?.would you say better in the week than week ends,did bradfield today up at adgen bog,plenty of walkers but it was 11 am.

1 Like

I would say go early if your heading up onto the edge and midweek is always best if you can buddy. done lots of filming up around bradfield and agden ! love it up there
Your thoughts of agden reservoir and upper and lower bradfield

(drone photos carrying on from the conversation above)

1 Like

cracking shots looking down towards the dam,the second photo where did you launch?.i was up near the old rundown building today got a few shots looking down towards the dam,didnt have the balls to go that far lol,were a few people knocking about and am kinda nervouse of being pulled up with the drone lol…kinda avoid people like the plague at minute lol.lovely place tho gonna get some more footage of the rundown building hopefully.
was a first time too in flying in a place am not that familiar with,at one time i did kinda loose my bearings but thankfully the map location on the app worked a treat.

1 Like

Im just uploading the flight down the valley now and will give you a nudge when its up on youtube. The video was shot 5 years ago before there were any distance limitations or that i knew of . its about 1.8 km each way from the launch spot

1 Like

nice one,was that the mavic air?..look forward to the clip

No it was the phantom 3 pro and the clip is up