Did I freak out too early or was I right to turn back?

Still on my long range quest, I’ve increased the power on my Tango 2 and on my vtx and here is how it looks. I noticed the LQ blinking and dropping to 1:50 levels so turned back at about the 1 min mark which is what I read I should do on Oscar Liang’s blog LQ and RSSI Explained for ExpressLRS and Crossfire - Oscar Liang
Video seems to remain decent so that’s a good thing.

I need to find a field with no edges, I thought I was flying high enough but maybe not quite high enough. I think I’ll test GPS rescue before I push the distance any more than that.

2 Likes

Yes you did right to turn back as I think you may have an issue with your control link. I would not expect the LQ of Crossfire to degrade that much over such a short distance. I’ve flown out a mile using Ghost on 25mW and still had a LQ of 100.

2 Likes

Thanks Nidge, I think I’ll send back the Tango2. It’s brand new and I’ve already checked that the antenna was connected. I’ll ask unmannedtech to check it after I’ve checked what I can on the quad side.

1 Like

Watching this with interest. Just started playing around with a Chimera 4 lr but have only just configured and tested gps rescue. Hopefully going to test the distance this evening.
Also using crossfire and tango 2 - so far without issue on my other drones.

1 Like

Hold of until you get comments from other Tango2 and Crossfire users. I’m using Ghost which is a Long Range system on 2.4GHz. You may have an incorrect setting which could be the cause of the wild fluctuation with the LQ.

1 Like

Actually unmanned advised to open a ticket with TBS and as I was doing that, turns out TBS has very detailled troubleshooting guide with various sensible tests to run to establish where the problem might come from. I’ll give that a shot.

1 Like

Let us know what you find

1 Like

definitely

Heres the link to start a new ticket:

:+1:t2:

Just incase you need it :slightly_smiling_face: