Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

Er, yeah, where did Karl go?

Update on HDZero goggles

Hallo, matey-peeps! Dis is da new haich dee zerro goggles, innit? :grin:

#Stavros :bowing_man:t2:

HDZero latency analysis document from Carl
Analogue vs HDZero 60fps vs HDZero 90fps

WhitePaper-LatencyAnalysis-AnalogvsHDZero.pdf (277.7 KB)

1 Like

Very cool development with the DJI V2 Goggles see below link :point_down:t3: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Also I dont know and Im guessing but because its running through MSP INav OSD should also work in theory at least :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Watched this earlier.

Although it’s a nice move forward I’m not sure after flying with the DJI osd that it makes a huge amount of difference.

The only thing I’m missing is the LQ and the other quads I don’t have it on - don’t really miss it

It also looks pretty shit too

Do you have all the gps functions displayed in DJI OSD?

You can download and install different fonts to make it look better if you wanted to

I have speed, direction (to home), sats as they’re what I use.

I saw that. I’m less inclined to faff about these days.
I just want this shit to work so I can fly.

Are you giving it a go?
Also keen to learn if it does anything to the “standard” DJI fpv mode as I still fly mine lots

Yeah Ill give it a go once the bugs are worked out (bound to be a couple) lol

It shouldn’t in theory as the DJI Goggles use duel boot firmware for Vistas/Au’s and FPV Drone which are completely seperate from eachother. Although as above might be worth waiting to see what bugs are found before trying it lol

1 Like

Yeah, everything works at the min.

Defo gonna wait on this one

Walksnail just topped HDZero in Wezley Varty’s range testing…
31Km
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZTyBD3ClfM

2 Likes

The battle for hd supremacy has now begun

I was only thinking yesterday that I hadnt seen any cool range tests from Wezley and boom! There it is lol
Walksnail is still making progress at a decent pace. Looking promising

From fb.

I’m pleased to announce the release date and pricing of the HDZero Goggle.

This goggle was made with the FPV community, for the FPV community. I’ve poured everything I have into this goggle to make it the best it could be for you. Thank you for your patience, feedback, and support.

First the release date:
Plastic injection molds are being cut right now. Circuit boards and optics are being manufactured. I am confident that the first batch of goggles will be ready mid-November.

A sizable group of beta testers have been invited to help test the first production batch of goggles (beta by invitation only). These testers will provide feedback on fit, finish, and critically software and RF performance. I want to be transparent with you all: these testers will receive a 25% discount as a token of my appreciation for the feedback they will provide to help ensure the product has a stable release. Beta testers may share their experiences freely with everyone – positive or negative.

5 HDZero Goggle pre-production units will be used by pilots at MultiGP Championships October 18-21. Pilots at the event may try the goggles out along with the new nano 90fps camera.
The next batch of goggles will be ready by late December (in time for Christmas). These goggles will be available for anyone to purchase. Resellers may accept pre-orders starting late-November.

Now, the price:
I’ve worked hard to keep price low, and feature set high with these goggles. However, these are premium goggles with costly screens/optics, and electronics. I’ve built these goggles to last you a long time, and to be versatile supporting analog, HDZero, and HDMI inputs.
HDZero Goggle will retail for $599 MAP
Add-on Analog Module Bay with 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi module will retail for $59 MAP

Thank you for your support, I couldn’t do this without all of you.
Carl

1 Like

In the current climate that is the sort of price I was expecting. If I wanted a set it would not deter me.:grinning:

1 Like

Better waiting for the doller to drop though

2 Likes

Thats pretty much the price I was expecting given what they have squeezed into them. I didn’t realise you have to pay extra for an analogue module bay though

Did you sign up for the beta testing Karl?