Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

1 Like

Wow. An open source UI in goggles… Move your analogue module to them? If this delivers… Amazing!

I’m watching :smiley:

@notveryprettyboy tagged

Runs linux and has wifi streaming! Saving my pennies now

Wow missed that bullet point whilst eyes were opening and reading that… Shut up and take my money… I bet it’ll be similar priced to existing goggles too.

He does suggest we buy the current VRX, etc, but I can’t see myself doing that… :confused:

My current vrx will be on the tracker im building. But yeah, not many other reasons to get the vrx

It’s the age old… Wait forever for the next best thing, or buy now and enjoy it today (PC hardware is a good one for this in the past). But as I’m OK with analogue for now and “wanting” digital and researching waiting… Yeah next season is OK.

Just looks like Carl needs/wants support now, and an announcement like this (yes we knew it was coming) means most people will just stop and wait.

yes you already have one, which is great, you’re enjoying it today, and even have a use for a second one (love that project, can’t wait to see it!). I want to support HDZero today, but who’s gonna want a realtively new 2nd hand VRX (maybe a few, who can’t drop £600 on a goggle (price is pure speculation))…

I imagine there might be a few takers, it will be the cost-effective of getting HDZERO

I really like the idea that if something is not quite right, we just upload an easily compiled patch to it from github

Sounds fabulous…
Running linux. Oh you star, Carl…

Closed system or true open source… lol… no competition as far as im concerned there…

Now that’s something I can get behind.

I think the only thing Mr Fatshark could say confidently was that they’d chosen to go with white for the goggle, as it’s getting more obvious that Fatshark have had nothing whatsoever to do with the development of the DominatorHD.

Something got me thinking when Chris Rosser stated that the Divimath and DJI P1 are the only ASIC’s used in digital HD FPV. Knowing that the Divimath ASIC is fairly old I’ve started to wonder if the same device is being used in my Connex Prosight system. I wanted to open up my Connex stuff and take a look but unfortunately there is a very strong likely hood of permanently damaging it. The metal case of the VTX is welded to the PCB, and the VRX has no immediately visible points at where the case can be separated.

Wow!!

This is an example of a product/company really making an effort to address what the community wants. Nothing short of what was already advertised earlier this year.

The open source bit is the cherry on the cake… Well done Carl/HDZero…

Now we just anxiously wait for it to be available. I just hope that the whole pandemic situation in China is sorted and that the market resumes normality so that things are more readily available at reasonable prices.

It’s just been announced that even the case design of the new HDZero goggles is going to be open source.

So expect a load of alternate case designs and colours to be available from third parties, or those with talent and a 3D printer, you can go and make your own design…

The features of the goggles is really impressive but they kind of look like goggles from Minecraft :thinking:

Not sure about the recessed sma connectors either, I can see that being a ball ache for anything other than stubbies

1 Like

Man that feature list is unrivaled though, for a first goggle theyve done pretty damn good :ok_hand:t2:

Lol… quite boxy indeed, but I guess they were focusing on features first and also, as @Yith pointed out, the case will be open source as well so better looking cases are bound to show up…

1 Like

Agree, how can you tighten the nut on all the other styles of antenna ??

1 Like

I’m still buying the muvva