Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

Look forward to seeing some footage mate :+1:t2: Where abouts did you go for the test?

Just our club field with @Steviegeek and @DeanoG60. It was a ‘hot sunny’ day :+1:

I’ll say 1 thing though @SirGunner, I tried some 6 blade 5" props and they were magic! So much grip and acceleration. Mental. But I smashed em all…

Where did you get 6 blade 5" props from? :astonished:
I commend you for your commitment to destroying props Karl :clap:t2: :laughing:

I ordered them in May from Helipal (usa I think). They got delivered yesterday from China :man_shrugging: But real cheap! 83p for 2 props. Not too strong in a crash though. I’ll definitely be ordering more when I pay the bloody dogs vets bill!

2 Likes

Yeah they look a little thin around the hub :grimacing: I bet they stick in corners like shit to a blanket though :ok_hand:t2:
I’ve managed to bust most of my props too. Gonna have to place an order soon lol

You can literally hear the lipo crying when you spin round cos of the voltage sag. There’s that must instant power grip in a turn. And they sound real zippy

1 Like

Gotta give em some 6s battery up its arse that’ll help with the sag :laughing:

1 Like

Here is a link to raw footage. Hope it works cos I’m a spesh with computers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyzx4H4BLjsYQ8CpFkLpxkwk4ojlIy3B/view?usp=sharing

Some sweet flying there Karl :ok_hand:t2: The quality’s pretty good to be fair for DVR footage :grinning: When is that camera going to be officially released? Does it feel good to fly? What’s the latency like?

1 Like

Its hard to explain. The footage in real time is real locked in as analogue is but without the analogue curiosities (if that makes sense - rolling lines, flickering etc). But straight lines can be staggered, giving the impression the image quality is poor.

All in all, I feel extra confidence, instinct wise, flying digital. @DeanoG60 and @MartG1960 will be able to give a dji perspective.

Hell yes. But its the machine that makes gives the experience the edge… props, lipo, setup etc.

Latency… There is a tiny amount. Same as dji in my opinion if you really look for it. The thing I notice is the change in latency. It throws me off. Sloshy in my head for some reason. I need to know where I’m flying and when. Maybe ocd :laughing:

You need to try both Steve. If you are thinking of buying into one, remember, it will all be on its head in 6 months when your next bonus is in. (bonus? whats that!)

1 Like

Here’s an edit. Not sure what I’m doing wrong but the image in my goggles is crisp and immersive.
Hope you dig the music

2 Likes

2 weeks :grin: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Won’t be until Christmas at best lol but I am thinking of upgrading :thinking: It just seems so much cleaner than analogue, I imagine it really adds to the experience :heart_eyes:

I was waiting for Shaft to jump out the Cornfields and start strutting across the grass :star_struck:

Flying DJI is almost like watching a YouTube video but you get to control the video lol and to be honest I haven’t even flown mine in it’s best video quality mode I’m kinda in the middle so the settings are high quality mode or low latency mode and then there is focus mode. I’ve only flown in Low Latency mode so far with focus mode turned on.

For lowest possible latency you you’d want to turn off focus mode and have it in low latency mode.

For the best possible quality you’d want High Quality mode with focus mode off.

So I fly Low Latency mode with focus mode on.

Focus mode blurs the edges of the video feed to keep you focused on the centre of the image.

(Just a note not all DJI cameras have these settings)

(And that’s what’s putting me off the newer cameras like the polar)

1 Like

Try both. See what’s best for you. DJI is really nice image wise and you will probably not notice any lag. Still the leader.
But I like how the boss of divimath (the company behind hdzero (sharkbyte)), Carl Zhou, is actively listening to what we want though. He engages with the pilots. And Hd zero is growing real nice. In a modular way.

1 Like

@SirGunner when we next meet up you can fly my Nazgul :+1:t2: to give DJI a go see what you think (If I haven’t destroyed it by then that is lol)

cough cough raf upwood. Equidistant

That’s East from us, we need to find somewhere south of us to make the journey less harsh on @SirGunner lol