Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

It depends on the number of turns on the coils and the size of the jam jar lids. Smaller have more range.

Unfortunately this time of year is not the best for actually getting out and flying.

I just have to make the mounts for the VRX… I’ve printed a first slider out and will probably have to 3d model something to get the angles right.

1 Like

@yith are you getting any breakup at the whoop sessions any rainbow at all with HDZero? I’d hope not in that environment (unless channel clash)

Yup and the latency… you want that to be low for these little quads as well… even Bardwell would gain advantages from that!

None…
I was even able to fly with an analog quad transmitting on the same frequency whilst it was over the other side of the room. Once it got close I had issues.

Rainbow hits as soon as the battery goes under 3V. Those new Tattu batteries help massively.

100% it has a future, its going to be better than DJI V1 as they will continue to develop the system and give people what they want/need.
DJI will do what they always do and thats give people what they want to give people. Dont be fooled into thinking they are giving the people what they want. That wont last. They will revert to normal practice very soon I reckon

I’ll never fly as well as him, cos he’s got a fricking lovely garden/bit of land he can fly every day on(if weathers good), but boy he should be a better pilot with that fricking lovely garden/bit of land he can fly every day on. Wonder how many actual FPV hours I’ve done in total, bet it’s a months worth of him!

Why isn’t it yet? Already the 265 gives that “slight” worse latency. Cripes the o3 in some ways is better on the V2 goggles than the Goggles 2 (120fps, instead of 100 for example, and lower latency). WS haven’t got there yet, and they’ve had time.

Theyve had like 5 or 6 months lol DJI with all their money/R&D/engineers have had 3 years to get where they are now

Theyve already got an image almost as good as DJI, they have released a 1s whoop size vtx and camera system with onboard recording, they have given OSD for all main systems, they dont have a 13km hard limit on their system, theyre releasing a VRX which everyone was asking for. None of this have DJI done in 3 years. They have done all this in less than 6 months.

And you can too - in LiftOff :rofl:

I liked this comment under his video:

Talking of which, I’ve managed to be busy for the past couple of Thursday evenings. I’m about ready for another session. I’m also planning on going to DC on Sunday if it’s on.

1 Like

Me too…

Its a nice weekend and I’d be up for flying tomorrow… but no, I have to put the Xmas lights up… I have a lot to do…

I have flown his place in liftoff, heh. Still sims vs real life… Nah!

Definitely up for another session. Not sure when. Not sure will go Drone Circle on Sunday, just a bit flat on the whoops right now… Maybe… I really should… I dunno… We’ll see

I’d completely forgotten about trying to fly outside. :grin:
Need to be looking for something to grind on. I’ve found some instructions…
Looks promising, if I can just find a bint to do it with. :roll_eyes:

It’s not december…

TBH I NEED to fly outside soon. Going a little doolally without it… FFS I was so doolally I ordered a walksnail system…

I do what I’m told. At least it won’t be raining.

If you find one that doesn’t mind being called bint, I’m sure you’ll get some

I tried doing the grind in liftoff… I couldn’t even hit the bannister, never mind slide on it.

Doesn’t the ground count?