Digital FPV.....DJI vs HDZero vs Orqa vs Walksnail vs openhd.....?

I think they will struggle to deliver everything listed for less than DJI but if they can deliver all that for less than DJI HDZero will be King of the Goggle world for sure :crown:

1 Like

After some investigation it turns out that this photo of Karl from the Big Meet thread has been doctored :astonished: I’m waiting to receive the original which I will post back here

Those of you thinking maybe its the tutu that has been airbrushed in would be wrong… its actually the DJI Goggles that have been airbrushed out :astonished: Here’s the original so you can see for your selves. Karl secretly likes to wear them at the weekend

Not heard anymore about those Orqa systems? :thinking:

How are you finding the DJI upgrade you have recently had?

I’m about to start converting my fleet in the coming days - Nazgul should be getting an F7 fc and vista tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Only had the one session so far but really liked it :+1:t2:
Here’s some DVR from the first flight

Nice upgrades you will love it mate :+1:t2:

I’m definitely looking to upgrade the camera though, I have the polar but it’s limited to 60fps and as far as I can tell I can’t adjust the camera settings (colour, contrast etc)

I’m still learning what’s best but have the nebula pro vista kit on order.

I’m sure they’ll be lots of questions in the coming days :sunglasses:.

I’ve also read quite a bit of the vista thread

Nebula Pro and the DJI camera are best by all accounts so you shouldn’t have any problems there Howard :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was advised so fingers crossed.

Looking forward to having a flight this weekend all being well

1 Like

Botgrinder has uploaded his thoughts after using them.

What most are commenting on is the reduced FOV over the V1’s. It appears Orqa have changed the optics as it still uses the same OLED panels as the V1, and the HDO2’s and Sky04X’s. I think this is a Marmite thing as most racers will prefer a smaller apparent FOV where as cruisers will most likely want something more immersive. I personally prefer a more immersive experience, my SKY04X’s have remained connected to the PS4 by my bed for the last few weeks for streaming and GT-Sport as I’ve not been able to get out and fly. With there increased field of view they are great for this.

I’m not too sure what Orqa intend to do with the proprietary feature connector on the top of the V2’s. They’ve touted it as an interface for a digital option which maybe a proprietary system as HDZero receivers will still connect via the HDMI port.

Personally I think the Orqa V2’s serve a similar purpose to the DJI V2’s. That is they’ve been released to work with a specific feature while still working with legacy devices, in the same way that the DJI V2’s were released to support the FPV Drone while still working with the Air units.

1 Like

So they’re more of an update than an upgrade. That’s a little disappointing :confused:

I’ll just leave this here - very interesting feedback from Bardwell

Might be a worthwhile upgrade for all you Sharkbyte users :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I actually modded my vrx with 2 vas crosshair extremes. But the range difference wasn’t really noticeable. I’m saving my dosh for the 1 watt vtx’s and 1080p goggles

2 Likes

Just watched this JB interview with CEO of Orqa. Mainly about the Oqua goggles but some interesting info about their new 5.8 HD vtx system around the 21 minute mark

3 Likes

Carl off of HDZero reckons the new VRX is in production now and due to be shipping around the 15th March. Sounds good.

Some interesting features linked to ELRS by the sounds of it, such as being able to start and stop DVR recording via an aux channel or arm switch.

1 Like

And an RTC!!!

And a Mic for recording your swearing!

The wait is finally over for the 1W HDZero VTX. Will be with resellers soon

3 Likes

New 1W VTX available for preorder from HobbyRC £89.45 . I was expecting £100+ so they did well there

1 Like