DJI Agricultural Drones

Blimey! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Jesus! That is some clever stuff! The bloody size of it though :scream: couldnā€™t just pop it in the golf and head to the field. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: 3D mapping sounds interesting too. :ok_hand:

Agricultural ā€œSprayingā€, though? I mean ā€¦ how much coverage can be applied by the limited payload of a drone? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m a not very nice person but my immediate thoughts revolved around a list of people and places Iā€™d like to spray - with something other than agrichemicals :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not looked into it but on the same sort of line and on a more positive note :grimacing: do they do these for tackling fire like those in Australia :thinking:

1 Like

Some lovely incompatible stats.

16 litre payload
4.8 litre/minute (up to)
10 hectares/hour ā€¦ in Christ knows how many flights.

Did it say flight time per battery? :thinking:

Not sure 16 litres would put out the average Aussie bbq.

2 Likes

LOL! It might fan the flames into a bigger disaster, too! :scream:

2 Likes

Controls up to 5 aircraft from one remote! :scream: maybe that wonā€™t take so long to do a field of crops

1 Like

Youā€™ll need a whole team of flunkies to keep them all filled up!

Spray time (down to) 3.5 minutes, so you have to refill 5 every 3.5 minutes ā€¦ plus out and back time.

Or they all come back at the same time and nothing is being sprayed whilst all five are refilled. LOL.

I might be willing to pay to watch this circus. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Glad I wasnā€™t the only one scratching my head on those numbersā€¦

Also, baffled by the overly-dramatic music choice for what is, essentially, an impressive, flying watering can :wink:

1 Like

Flight times per battery:
It can fly for 10 minutes at max weight load.
39KG

20 min battery charge time
Each extra battery cost $1150

3 Likes

:rofl:

Thatā€™ll piss the neighbours off when you water the petunias! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It would be cheaper to get your rotary license and buy a Robinson!

2 Likes

Keeping it steady in the greenhouse is going to be the challenge :wink:

3 Likes

That thing would blow all the glass out with the downwash!

3 Likes

OK - I sussed it!!!

This is designed for keeping the greenfly off the poppy plants ā€¦. up in the hills of Columbia, and the like! ā€¦ where tractor spraying isnā€™t possible.

Thatā€™s the only agriculture with the funds!

3 Likes

And doubles-up as a delivery vehicle for getting the end product over Trumpā€™s wall. :wink:

3 Likes

They use them to tackle malaria too, pretty cool stuff

2 Likes