DJI Avata or DJI Mini 3 Pro?

Hi, I live in a remote area on the west coast of Scotland. Google earth PH364JP to see my local area. You will note that it’s hilly land, loads of bracken and heavily wooded. I’m thinking of buying a drone for filming myself. I produce short films of my life here and my interaction with the landscape, obviously a drone would give me more options. But….bearing in mind the landscape it could be a very expensive option. The DJI mini 3 suggests its self but also the DJI Avata which seems to be more robust which might be an advantage. I realise these are different beasts but both seem to have advantages. With the mini 3 it’s the follow me facility that would be very useful but this is missing from the Avata….so what to buy? Any thoughts on this from experienced flyers would be appreciated.

Most definitely the Mini 3.

1 Like

Mini 3 Pro/standard by a mile.

2 Likes

The Avata is FPV which means you are pretty much stuck to flying it with goggles so no follow me or dronie shots unless you are controlling it all the time.
From what you said it sounds like you want an airborne vlogging camera which is more down the route of the MINI 3 pro. But as you are out in the country the possibility of using a larger drone such as the air 2 s may be an option.

2 Likes

This :point_up_2:

1 Like

Deffo the Mini 3 Pro

It has everything you need to produce amazing videos and pictures

It’s so easy to fly, has many features like panoramic which make fantastic 360 images you can share

Check out this video by one of our members

1 Like

But keep away from volcanoes!

Haha, not possible where I live….