Dji care refresh - Yes/No?

Simple question… Yes or no to purchase dji care refresh

If you have the money, yes. If not…

1 Like

Probably not. Just get insurance, cost is about the same. But also covers you (if you have the right policy) if you lose the drone. Refresh doesn’t.

What insurance company would you recommend

Plenty of Insurance information here : Hobbyist Insurance Investigations … June 2019

Let’s keep this thread to the simple Y/N? of DJI Care Refresh rather than duplicate everything already posted.

PLEASE REMEMBER - GADC SITE DOES HAVE AN EXCELLENT SEARCH FUNCTION. :+1:

Several other threads in insurance.

Several other threads on other aspects of DJI Care Refresh.

3 Likes

If you’re an early adopter of a recently released DJI product? Definitely yes.

If you have little or no prior flying experience? Yes.

One thing that DJI Refresh does not provide is 3rd Party Indemnity Cover, which I consider to be far more important if you intend to fly in any area other than your living room.

Nidge.

3 Likes

First time I’ve gone for refresh with the mini, £35 was a no brainier really (especially considering the lack of sensors on the MM)

As for the PL look at something g like FPVUK which includes it the £20 annual membership

1 Like

on the PL topic - how important is this?
I know it may be a difficult question as I understand its an insurance, but how often does this really come into play?
if you fly sensibly and not illegally, what’s the worst that can happen? Drone hits a bird, falls out of sky and hits a member of the public on the head?
Thanks

1 Like

That’s an idea for a new thread.

How about that falling bird causes a bus full of kids to tumble over a cliff