DJI Fly - App updates and download links

Cheers @DeanoG60 its not just me! :grinning:

3 Likes

It appears that 1.4.3, whilst providing auto charging for the iPhone it doesn’t do so for the iPad - hey ho - phrases including words like breweries, ups and couldn’t come to mind :man_shrugging: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My iPad mini 4 would show the ‘not charging’ notice on versions of the app before v1.4.2 and I think the issue there is more due to the controller itself not pushing out enough amps to charge the iPad (which I believe needs 2.1A to register a charge ,whereas iPhones in general can charge on just 1A) at least on older models like the Mini 4, as opposed to it being cock ups with app development per se. That said I have seen someone say that they could charge an iPad 5 prior to v1.4.2 but seeing as that is a newer model it maybe that Apple optimised battery charging for the Mini 5 not to need a 2.1A supply.

Maybe a controller firmware update might be required to adjust the amount of power output via the connector, but either way DJI should have just left the bloody thing alone as it was fine as an option before all this meddling!

An update to my jittery and jumpy transmission on my Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite which I think should be here too. Last night I finally sorted it and it seems the 1.4.2 Android update doesn’t like the M5 Lite tablet. After checking on a second M5 Lite, changing cables and checking using my Galaxy S10 here’s how I’m 99.9% certain it’s the app and its compatibility with the tablet.

1. Uninstalled 1.4.2 latest update
  2. Rolled back and installed 1.3.0 (worked perfectly)
  3. Uninstalled 1.3.0 and installed 1.4.0 (worked perfectly)
  4. Uninstalled 1.4.0 and re-installed 1.4.2 (virtually unusable video and app)
  5. Uninstalled 1.4.2 again and re-installed 1.4.0 (working perfectly)

I will add it was choppy, jittery and unusable when not recording as well. It’s a signal transmission / compatibility issue.

1 Like

Good feedback Phil :+1:

I didn’t read the tread in time and I’ve updated , I’ve not done a roll back before but now I need to as I’ve got the same problem as you on my huawei, where and how can I roll it back to previous version please , any advise more than welcome as I’ve never had a problem before and I’ve got no idea how to do it . Many thanks , Scott

I’ve done it and now back on v1.4.0 , I used APK Mirror hope that was correct but at least I’ve got rid of v1.4.3 hopefully problem solved as it solved for you

1 Like

You should be good to go now Scott. I used APK Mirror too.

So it’s 1.4.3 as well as 1.4.2?

I shall be emailing DJI tonight to let them know. There must be thousands out there with the same problem that like me had or have no idea what’s causing it or how to fix it.

2 Likes

I was good to go but being a idiot I had the auto update when WiFi is connected so it went ahead and updated again so was back to square one lol but deleted it all and done it again but first turning off auto update , now we seen to be good . Yes please tell them how it stuffs up the huawei mediapad m5 lite , it’s been so good until these 2 rapid updates surely they can fix it . Thanks again for your post .

Didn’t think of that. Just turned it off on mine :+1:

1 Like

Both my devices are sitting steady on 1.4.0 until one of you fine people tells me the coast is clear.

1 Like

My S10 is on 1.4.2 and that works fine. The M5 is staying on 1.4.0 for the foreseeable

2 Likes

If they do a update that works please let me know incase I miss it please

1 Like

What link did you use to for the downgrade if you do t mind sharing?

TIA

V1.4.0 can be grabbed here @speatuk

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-0-release/dji-fly-1-4-0-android-apk-download/download/

Thank you.
Favourited :blush:

1 Like

I experienced this also, not just on my M5Lite8 but also on my P30. At the time I was in a bad enough mood to begin with and just thought " F DJI and the horse they rode in on", put everything back in the bag, and continued to verbally abuse the cat.

The roll back has been added to the list of other drone related jobs I’m currently in the middle of doing.

Not having any pets I tend to do that to inanimate objects. Did try it with the missus once. Won’t be doing that again!

Went to fly here at work yesterday to get some shots of Chelmsford town centre and beyond from 400ft but the bloody app had auto updated over WiFi at home to 1.4.2 so had to use my S10 instead. Got it to 300ft and it must have been blowing a Hooley up there because I started to lose it at speed the wrong way over the old Marconi site. Down to 140ft and sports mode and just got it back. Squeaky bum time all round.

1 Like

I rolled back my P30😀

But as I was about to roll back my M5Lite8 I noticed something interesting. When you start recording video the frame rate of the downlink is normal, when recording is stopped the downlink frame rate drops to about 3 or 4 fps.

Well I found it interesting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m reading that looking like Manuel does when not understanding Basil Fawlty :laughing:

1 Like