Dji fpv battery software update

I bought the dji fpv combo last year on release date. I only bought the one battery. After registration and update then flying, I did the Drone hacks FCC mod. Perfect. If I buy an additional battery now will it need updating? I don’t want to update any of the set up including goggles as I also fly FW with airunits(I no longer connect it to fly app) and dont want to be locked into the “new” software with no aftermarket add ons…

1 Like

What does the battery firmware update offer? :thinking:

I guess my question is, do you need to update it?

I’m thinking about my original Mavic pro when all the smart batteries had to updated as I bought 3 in total. If I buy a replacement for fpv Drone will it plug n play?

I doubt you’ll have any issues. When I purchased my FPV Drone I purchased two further batteries separately. If they needed updating it was done when the batteries were plugged into the drone. I’ve since bought a second FPV drone running older firmware and the batteries work fine in that one.

One thing to look out for with new batteries; even though they will power the drone they may not allow you to arm the motors. This is not a FW issue but rather a manufacturing defect. There are quite a few threads on the DJI Forum about this. It appears to mainly affect batteries supplied in the Fly More kit rather than those sold individually. The only way to fix this is to keep exchanging the battery until you get one that works. DJI’s stance on this issue is to not talk about it.

Many thanks nidge :+1:

1 Like