DJI FPV Crash

Great result Howard :star_struck:

1 Like

Yes mate it was

1 Like

I’m pleased with it mate

1 Like

Were you concerned about sending it back

I’m convinced DJI don’t autopsy any of the kit they get back.

They must just open the box, make sure there’s a drone in it, tick a box on their CRM and a replacement gets dispatched :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yes mate, I didn’t pay for refresh but equally I’m confident it wasn’t user error.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me at all

1 Like

Very glad to see DJI did the right thing. Worrying that a battery can (assuming that’s what it was) fail like that.
Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Sorry for your crash @Howard78

Interestingly I’ve been having “charging” issues with one of my packs (they not used much at all (too scared to plug into DJI Fly, as don’t want locking/updates)), I think I worked out tonight it’s a lose connection on the plug itself… But I fly it, just realised this is stupid, but if DJI are as good as they are they would probably just send a replacement… Will be contacting DJI about it as would hate to have this happen…

Do love flying the DJI FPV though, not enough to buy another pack yet :wink:

1 Like

I’m really pleased with the result too.

Having had battery issues before and this being the replacement battery, I checked that first.
The data seems to point to this being the issue & this thing screams as it flies at around 100mph in manual mode.
The instant cut of noise was quite noticeable and id say I’m a fairly capable pilot who would admit if it was a crash.

It’s concerning that it failed but I guess that’s why we follow the rules and have liability insurance.

Send it back mate. If its under warranty then they’ll replace it.

There’s a known fault with a certain batch of batteries I’ve found on various sites so they seem to just swap them out.

I would make sure you update the battery software if you get a new one.

How I make sure if I connect I don’t end up losing DH from it though. Scared to connect them!

1 Like

I’d dh that firmware can be rolled back with DH now - so you should be ok to update.

Not sure how true - @milkmanchris can you enlighten?

My Goggles went off to Holland on jollies, came back with latest 3.000 whatever on them, of course I had to update the drone so they’d talk to each other.

No problems rolling back both afterwards using DH

3 Likes

Its also worth noting that DH will transfer your licence after replacement by DJI in the event of warranty/refresh claim

Your Drone-Hacks license key is permanently tied to the serial number of your drone and is clearly shown when you initially activate a key to a drone.

This means that if your drone is replaced by DJI, or you purchase a new one, then Drone-Hacks sees it as a new drone and will ask you to activate.

We have two rules in this instance:

Drone Replaced By DJI For Free under Warranty/DJI Care: Please send us a message in support with proof the repair/exchange was done for free, by DJI. We will then cancel your old Drone-Hacks license and issue you a new one to activate against the replacement drone once.

You Purchased Your Own Replacement Drone: As sorry as we are for the loss of your drone, you will have to buy a new Drone-Hacks license key. We simply do not have the ability to assess the merits of every individual case and as such we have to employ this rule to be fair to all customers. This also prevents eBay sellers selling custom modified drones for a hike in price and then claiming to Drone-Hacks that their drone crashed and they need a new key.

1 Like