DJI M210 + Z30 zoom photo freeze issue

I wonder if anyone else has suffered with, or can suggest any fixes for the following?

We’ve been operating a DJI M210 and Z30 for telecoms surveys, usually in parks and rural locations for 3 years now with very few issues but recently we have started a new project which involves operating in suburban areas.

We have started seeing issues where the video feed freezes, turns black and white and then resets the Z30 after around 10-15 seconds. This only seems to occur when zoomed in with the Z30, no zoom seems fine.

We’ve checked for local 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz interference but the control and video channels are clear (according to the DJI Go software).

I’ve Googled for it and there appear to be a few reports of this but no response or resolution on DJI’s forums.

Any suggestions or guidance gratefully received.

Thanks all.

Does it only reset when you’re at max-zoom? or anything beyond no-zoom?

What firmware versions are you running on the AC @brian_pci? And on the Z30? :thinking:

@PingSpike thanks for the quick response. I’ve only just got my hands on the unit from my surveyor.

It happens with anything other than 1x.

F/W versions as below:

• M210: v01.02.0450

• Z30 (camera): v 1.00.00.58

• Cendence controller: v02.00.0170

We are using a single gimbal mount but do have a double mount as a backup.

I’m going to check F/W versions now and update any that look to be out of date.

1 Like

It looks like the camera F/W was out of date, so have now updated to v1.00.00.72 (latest from DJI website).

Will give it a good test over the next 2 days (also have to complete a battery maintenance cycle) as advise how it went.

1 Like

Great, keep us posted!

It appears (for now at least) that the camera F/W update has cleared the fault. Over 100 zoom photos and a 25 minute test flight (in a location that showed the freezing issue) and it was all clear.

Fingers crossed for future flights.

2 Likes

Excellent news, thanks for the update @brian_pci :+1:t2:

1 Like