DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

Good Mini 1 vs Mini 2 comparison guide here:

Very much looking forward to a one-click 360° pano mode again, not had a drone support this properly since the days of Hanger360 on the MP1 a few years ago.

1 Like

How many times did I go over it for you :wink:

Ordered mine direct from DJI with 2 year care package. Mavic Mini 1 fly more for sale now I guess.

No local Argos @wpbooth?

Hi everyone! I’ve just joined, so this is my first post. I currently own a Mavic 2 but I would like a second smaller drone to use in closer proximity to people in more built up areas. My understanding of the new drone regulations coming in at the end of the year is that you can fly over “uninvolved people” if the maximum take off mass (e.g. including all accessories like propeller guards) is < 250g

Does anyone what the maximum take off mass for the Mini 2 is, and therefore whether it will qualify for these A1 category flights?

If… :slight_smile:

It’s all still a bit up in the air at the moment. If you’re bored and have 17 minutes going free, there’s bit of a mega thread over here: EASA and the UK!

And, welcome to Grey Arrows @paulm :smiley:

1 Like

Care Refresh for £45

1 Like

Thanks @PingSpike :grin:

Just looking through the new CAP 722 which has been published today, and it says:

Unmanned aircraft without a Class marking – any reference to MTOM or ‘take-off
mass’ should be taken to mean the weight of the unmanned aircraft at the point
of take-off for that particular flight (which is referred to as the ‘flying weight’)

So I think this means that we should be permitted to fly the Mini 1 or 2 within residential, commercial, industrial and recreational areas with no specific separation distance, just “No intentional flight over uninvolved persons.”

2 Likes

Never gave it a thought. DJI say delivery in 3 - 7 business days so not too bad. I see it’s actual weight with SD card, props and battery is only 242 grams which surprised me.

4 Likes

Up from £35 for the mini :worried:

1 Like

These two links cover the situation, noting that the Mini 2 doesn’t seem to be C-marked so will be treated as a legacy drone <250g (it’s actually about 7g lighter than the original Mini):

2 Likes

Thanks @kvetner - these are really helpful!

1 Like

Will DJI goggles Ocusync system work with mini 2 ???

1 Like

The cellophane is so nicely wrapped it seems a shame to open it :thinking:

8 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Just to put the 249g weight in to perspective, the X5 camera on the Inspire weighs 460g.

1 Like

We all know you wont

3 Likes

Not a fan of the manbag, any case recommendations anyone?

2 Likes

I really like the man bag :flushed: lol

1 Like

Suit you sir.

3 Likes