DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

All the gear, no idea.

That’s me.

I wish I’d got into photography at a much younger age, the urge to keep buying new (to me) stuff is constant, watching Tubers like Peter Mckinnon don’t help (wow that Leica camera, gonna add that to wish list, HOOOWWW MUCHHHH) thankfully I’m sensible with my wallet. Also there’s that problem of learning vs just going out and using the damn stuff vs job vs adulting. Never enough time these days. Roll on retirement, long way to go yet for me though.

2 Likes

https://greyarro.ws/g/group-mini-3-pro

2 Likes

I’m aware of CROWN20, but nobody mentioned the seller?

I did find one seller yesterday with Mini 3 as part of the offer but they increased their prices by exactly £60 so pretty pointless.

Twenty years or so ago, I was desperately trying to resist the urge to go digital, but eventually succumbed and bought a Minolta Dimage S414, to use alongside my Canon 35mm cameras. The more I used it, the more digital appealed and about three years later I upgraded to a Canon EOS 350 before upgrading again to an EOS40. What I really aspired to was a full frame sensor camera and went for an EOS5 Mkll with battery grip and three L series lenses.

Aspirations attained, no more attacks of GAS, but lugging the kit around became a chore and my photography was almost resigned to holidays, so heavy was my camera bag. Fuji released the X-T1 and temptation got the better of me. I bought a used one with the standard lens to try and it rejuvenated my interest in my hobby. Light and compact, full of features and similar in feel to the 35mm slrs I’d used before, it was a revelation. All my Canon kit went on eBay and with the money, I bought two more lenses for the Fuji. I’ve since upgraded to the X-T2 and X-T4 and bought more lenses and am now satisfied with what I have.

I think what I’m trying to say is that having pro gear looks great and may satisfy your ego, but if if the Mini 2 or Mini 3 does what you want it to do, why buy an Inspire or Mavic 3 with all the restrictions that come with it, along with the issues of portability. The best camera is the one you have with you and on many occasions now, that may be your phone.

7 Likes

I thought the screen would solve all the glare when in bright Sun…Have they got it wrong because that would be one of the main reasons that I would consider buying the Mini 3 with the new controller. Would be interested to know if more flyers have had this problem. :thinking:

A post was split to a new topic: DJI RC - Model RM330 (Mini 3 Pro) - Firmware updates

Oooooohhhh

Drone Hacks is not actually compatible with the Mini 3 Pro yet………but it connected to DH V126

I can alter parameters as I can with any of the other drones.

Edit

If you alter the parameters they stay after reboot.

2 Likes

The RC (not Pro) is only 700 nits which is dimmer than a lot of newer phones.
RC Pro is 1000nits.

My old smart controller is 1000 nits and just about OK in bright tropical sunlight. 700 wouldn’t be without a shade.

I’m actually waiting for the drone to be available on its own for this very reason, I have handsets / controllers and don’t want another either with a screen or without as I use my old Xiaomi phone and with a decent sunshade I get everything I need, others may not but it suits me:-)

1 Like

Screen was fine to me, I’ve tested a few times over the last week for that purpose. The end of the day, its one of THE reasons I bought the package, my ipad mini 5 just wasn’t cutting it in bright sun, nor me phone.

2 Likes

Get it in Atti mode and feel the need the need for speed :wink:

Hahahahahaaa

Well it’s blind now. The lights somehow turned off all by themselves :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Something the Tuber’s I can actually watch before turning off haven’t covered this yet, so maybe one of you early adopters can answer or perhaps others that know from other drones with obstacle avoidance knows what it will do.

If you lose signal, and it returns to home and something is ‘in the way’ and you’ve got obstacle avoidance in brake mode. What happens?

I assume its programmed the same as their larger drones with collision avoidance meaning it will depend on exactly how the RTH is triggered. See specifically the RTH obsticale avoidance, says it should accend to clear the obstacle and is a different setting to the standard collision avoidance. @firstadekit

1 Like

I’ve reviewed the code in the apk as used in this video and can confirm that there is nothing in the code beyond doing what it says it does.

This is for the go4 app.
It maybe a little outdated now.

Outdated? How very dare you! It’s current for those who’s drone uses the Go4 app.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I did notice that but presume its similar in Fly, since the DJI fly guidance for return to home on the mini 2 page just links back to that page for GO but don’t feel like running into a tree to test it ngl

So looking at the two batteries for the mini 3 ,who is going to be the first one to screen print the ultra light 249g on the bigger capacity battery? cos apart from weight can’t see any visible difference .
Don’t think the police or anyone else wil stop you and weigh it, come to that I ain’t heard anyone being stopped or had their drone inspected, I’ve never been approached in the last 5-6 years

3 Likes

All well and fine if you are using them away from anything you can damage, but if you were to hit someone or damage property that’s when the proverbial will hit the fan, the batteries will be registered in your flight data and DJI will no doubt release that to the rozzers if asked.
It reminds me of lorry drivers using magnets to stop the digital tacho, worked great until they were stopped by the Gendarmes in France, then the proverbial hit the fans again.
I do think that DJI don’t trust us Europeans to not fly in the correct cat if we were to be allowed the bigger battery, that is why they are not releasing them for sale here