DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

Apparently 15th November, but I doubt it

1 Like

The Mini 1 and Mini 2 were both launched in November :wink:

And the MP (when I bought it) and M2P/Z.

3 Likes

Seems like DJI has denied the existence of the Mini 3, despite leaked launch dates of 15 Nov 2021 (the same as the Mavic 3) …

The DJI representative contacted us to say that there had been no discussion of a new DJI Mini 3 inside the company. This would imply that the information we received regarding a very likely DJI Mini 3 launch on November 15th was inaccurate.

1 Like

The plot thickens!

2 Likes

I can’t recall… have DJI ever launched two new drone models at the same time? :thinking:

If not, it’d made sense for them to focus on the Mavic 3 launch and worry about the Mini 3 in Q1 or Q2 of 2022, right?

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any pattern or schedule to the DJI release history.

2 variants yes, the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom

I think they’re going to call it the the Autel Nano and Nano+.

I’ll get m’ coat.

Has anybody got any more info about when the Mini 3 is coming out ??? if at all :thinking:

If Jasper Ellens Twitter (regular DJI leaker) is to be believed then don’t expect one until 2022 sometime.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Autel Evo Nano / + - sub 250g drone - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

Bump…

Source:

Quite how this guy can “confirm” anything is anyones guess. If I asked my dog I’m pretty sure she’d confirm it too :dog2:

But nonetheless, I do love a good rumour :smiley:

2 Likes

More articles pointing to that excel spreadsheet lol

DJI FPV mini. Fingers crossed sub 250grams

Been looking at the mini2 for a while- now thinking to wait until the mini 3 released, and then get the 2 at a better price!

Did the price of the Mini 1 drop when the 2 was launched @lurch003 ? :thinking:

In any case who in their right mind would have chosen a discounted Mini 1 instead of a Mini 2? Probably be the same with the Mini 2 vs the Mini 3.

Anyone on a budget.

The Mini 2 far out spec’d the Mini 1 in a lot of areas and a lot of 1 owners upgraded to the 2.

I’m guessing the Mini 3 will come with obstacle avoidance. But is that enough of a feature for existing Mini 2 owners to upgrade?

Personally, it’s not for me as I only ever fly out in the sticks and my nearest obstacle is probably a harvester at 2.5m altitude but I know a lot of people were disappointed when the M2 didn’t have it at launch (the Evo Nano has obs-avoidance btw!).

Anyone willing to jump from a 2 to a 3 just for obstacle avoidance?

3 Likes

It all depends what other features they choose to add, some sort of active track seems pretty likely plus potential enhancements to the components, better sensor, better link etc. It all depends on the price/feature difference but if I didn’t already have a Mini 2 right now then I’d either just get one and get on with enjoying it or save a few extra pennies and get all the shinies when the new one comes out.

1 Like

Um… Yes… No… Maybe… Things normally do when a new model comes out, though can’t remember if the mini was!

Mini 2 ticks all the boxes, if the upgrade is essentially just active track/obstacle avoidance or other stuff I won’t use it’s not worth the extra for me.