DJI Mini SE Fly More?

So, looking at getting a sub 250g camera drone, I figured that the Mini SE would be more than enough for me (I don’t need anything higher than 1080p video), but something I noted is that the Fly More combos are no longer in stock.

There is only two things that really stand out to me -. A case and extra batteries.

What case/bag do you recommend? As there is a large amount of choice, I figure your recommendations will be the deciding factor here.

Batteries are a bit weird… I don’t see them listed as something to purchase on the DJI site, and Amazon lists some sketchy looking options…
So again: Recommendations?

There are quite a few threads on this

I like the small shell cases that I can then throw in any bag

1 Like

Ditto - with my MP - and one for a pair of batteries, and another for the RC.

1 Like

Or you could buy a mini 2 and record in 1080 :wink:

Argos carslile kingstown branch has stock at this time of post

It does 1070p 60fps And 2.7k 30fps

And plenty stock of batteries at many stores.

Well, I was inquiring as I get paid at the end of the month, and trying to figure out what to get and where to look so I can splurge on payday :money_mouth_face:

I never thought of checking Argos for batteries! Oops! :man_facepalming:

Taking Sparkyws mention, I put an offer in for the Mini 2 that he linked to.

Is it right that the battery packs for the Mini SE and the Mini 2 are the same? It seems too pro-consumer - my reaction is to disbelieve it.

This summer I’ll be heading to a few places (Wales, Lakes & Scotland), so I’m gonna want a good number of batteries to take with me :smiley:

1 Like

The market is soon to be full of of Mini 2’s have you considered pre owned .

I’d personally avoid the SE unless you are flying always out in the back end of no where, the wifi transmission isn’t brilliant. And if you are flying rural then go for something over 250g ?

2 Likes

Is the range really that bad with the SE? Even when keeping it in VLOS?

Its the same as the original Mini, very hit and miss.

I live rural and could get silly distance, then I could try fly on the edge of the village and lose connection at 100m

I enjoy my little Mini SE, but agree with the comments on range. There is no way to convert it to FCC, and I have seen connection warnings when it is just 150m away, in plain sight.

Compared with my Mavic Air, which can travel up to 1500m away on the 2.4GHz band, and can store a Litchi flight on board (so not requiring “virtual sticks”), the SE can be disappointing. However, when travelling abroad and reluctant to pay Mr Ryan £40 return for a suitcase (when I only paid £23.50 for the return flight), it tucks nicely into a rucksack (without using the supplied FlyMore case) along with the controller, batteries and charger. Also, it greatly expands the possibility that I am flying legally.

After I got mine, I bought another SE FlyMore for my nephew. My reasoning was it was the cheapest non-toy on the market, with fair quality stills and films. He likes it.

I’ve seen them on Amazon. Should cost £50 or less.