DJI Super Patcher

Steve taught me all I know ;o)

1 Like

He’s a great guy, translates a lot of the OGs raw tools in to easy-to-follow tutorials :+1:t2:

1 Like

Where can I download an already patched (with superpatcher) firmware?
What firmware version works better for you?

I bought my Mavic two years ago and I patched the V01.04.0300 firmware and added unlocked the FCC restrictions…
https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/dji_configs

I have just used it twice because I couldn’t find a good place and time and because I was very down.

Anyway I’d like to try again and want to update it before.

Brett’s Superpatcher is no longer in development.

You can’t.

And even if you could, you should absolutely never do this.

Downloading a firmware (or a phone app for that matter) that’s been modified by someone else could contain anything.

You’d have no idea what settings had been implemented or changed, what kind of crazy parameter values might have been applied. Anything could happen.

If you’re lucky, the best it would do is brick your drone as you flashed it.

If you’re not lucky, you can expect it to crash or fly away.

Don’t do it.

I understand, but anyway patcher tools are also made by others, even if their code are publicly available I guess most people don’t inspect it, and maybe the executable doesn’t have anything to do with the code.
Anyway I need to download a firmware to patch it. Who can ensure that firmware is safe?

Probably the most community trusted source for original firmwares:

http://dankdronedownloader.com/DDD2/app/

Should we use the latest version or do you suggest using some other tool instead?

I wouldn’t use it at all now, it’s not been updated for a year.

I’d only recommend using the raw tools themselves.

Was it supposed to work properly with firmware v01.04.0300? (in my case for a Mavic Pro)
What if I just want to patch that version?

Do we need to use a patched version of the DJI Assistant? Is the Assistant 2 1.2.5 version working alongside these mods? Or it can automatically detect and revert everything?

No idea mate, the superpatcher kit was not one of our products, we don’t support it.