DJI X5S / Panasonic Lumix 14-42

Something strange just happened when I uploaded the last picture, after a few seconds my picture went all washed out then it flickered and reappeared with a an upload linked to Amazon; this is the second time it has happened while uploading to the Forum.

Experts please enlighten…:man_shrugging:
Next time it happens I’ll grab a screen shot👻

Initially the image is stored in one location, then all images are automatically uploaded to secure cloud storage (Amazon) and the link changed accordingly.

It’s only been like this since …. forever. :wink: … well, a really long time, anyway.

Well it’s the first time I’ve seen that happen and I’ve been on here forever, now I know how it all works…:robot:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info and pics @Njoro - nice one mate :+1:t2:

Now I have even more choices :rofl:

Did you mean more reason to …:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

But it’s balanced when powered up / extended?

Yes it is balanced when extended, it also needs a balance ring in the front too.
The balance is really in relation to the gimbal motor torque when powered up and as long as the motor isn’t stressed which is quite obvious as you may actually hear it buzz or get hot it doesn’t matter too much if it’s a bit tail heavy.
I’ve never seen the gimbal struggle in any way with my 14-42 Olympus.

1 Like

Is that something you had to acquire separately?

Can I just check, yours is the Olympus, but does it differ in any way from the Panasonic?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005K6WTSK

Which averages second hand for around £150 on eBay :+1:t2:

Are the optics the same would you know?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know about the difference in the optics, I’ve read some people think the Olympus has the edge over the Panasonic and others have argued they are the same,I get good pictures in my opinion.
The X5 and X5S has a removable rear disc which is screwed on, I believe that you can get different weight discs which are custom made depending on which lens you want to use. I came across this information on Facebook some while ago.
The front balance ring is a tiny thin ring that cost me £5 off eBay but also sold by DJI. Have you looked on eBay for this lens? There’s a few on there, I paid £160 for mine off eBay.

2 Likes