Do I need an Operator ID and Flyer ID for a DJI Mini 2?

Hi all , I share a Mini 2 , do we need a separate operators id and or flyers id , hope this makes sense :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I think I’m right in saying for the Mini 2 you don’t need a flyer ID as it’s below the 250g threshold. You do however need the Operator ID which should be registered to the person that owns (or is responsible for) the Mini 2

3 Likes

Hi Jayley,

One of you will need both, and the other a flyer ID

Edit:

Sorry you just need an Operator ID but why not get the flyer ID its free

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual

The operator is the person responsible for managing a drone or model aircraft. This means they’re responsible for things like maintaining it and making sure that anyone who flies it has a flyer ID.

They’re usually the person or organisation that owns the drone or model aircraft, but not always. For example, if you’re younger than 18 and you own a drone or model aircraft, you must ask your parent or guardian to register for an operator ID. You’ll still be able to fly as long as you have a flyer ID.

The operator must:

** make sure that only people with a valid flyer ID use their drone or model aircraft*
** label their drones and model aircraft with their operator ID*

You must be 18 or over to register for an operator ID. You can use the same operator ID for all your drones and model aircraft.

If you’re responsible for drones or model aircraft, but will not fly them you can register as an operator only.

4 Likes

Steve you are correct just the operator ID is required

3 Likes

Cheers Wayne :+1:t2: Although I agree it never hurts to get your Flyer ID too and do the test for some extra basic knowledge :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone , will get on it straight away . Do you get the id’s straight away ? :+1:

1 Like

Yes, you’ll get them both immediately after completing the forms (and the test if going for the Flyer ID)

3 Likes

Cheers everyone all sorted :+1:

4 Likes