3D Printing for Others

Thanks for the offer @Njoro
@MementoMori has offered to do some at short notice but ideally my idea is to have table top so it’s sits well on a table but also have go pro mount either front or rear or both for the selfie stick but… also have a notch in the bottom for the charge cable and…slot where the memory card is and…another slot where the bottom microphone is located (not much really) there are several options on thingverse but not one with all I ideally want

My mount I hope to use is pictured below

Hi!

I’ve came here searching for any strobo light solution for my Anafi. I found very interesting discussion on Flytron Strobon Cree, which seems as the most recommended solution in terms of weight/light ratio. I decided to order them at Flytron. In the meantime, I found there’s a discount code that could be applied at Flytron! :wink:
Unfortunately, I don’t have access to that “Exclusive GADC discount code” thread. Would you be so kind and ‘unlock’ it for me, too? Many thanks in advance!

Regards!
L.

@lookie Please see the PM that I’ve sent to you.

Hi
I am looking for someone to do some 3d printing for me.

I need a model boat hull copying, it is 115mm long 40mm wide and 20mm deep, i have a original to copy from but the mould is not that good so would like some better ones made,

I am happy to pay for this service so if anyone can help please post here or message me to discuss further.

Thank you
Mouse

Moved your post over to a thread re 3D printing for others.

Hi

Sorry but can you tell me why you moved my post to one that was last used over 11 months ago ??, afraid it will now be overlooked.

Thanks
Mouse.

It won’t be any more overlooked than a new thread … it gets promoted … whichever view people use.

It also will notify others that are already following the thread … that may be able to assist you.

1 Like

Ah o.k, thank you, (insert thumbs up emoji here as can;t find one)

Mouse.

1 Like

Do you have any photos of what you are looking to replicate?
Is it a mold you are wanting or is it to be used for the model?
I’m not promising that I can replicate it for you but if you post some photos then perhaps someone on here with more skill than me might be able to help.

1 Like

Will give it a go

1 Like

Looking for copies of the hull, possible 3 depending on cost , not bothered about the rudder or internal strakes as they can be added later, would like planking detail if possible.

Thanks
Mouse

This looks like a uv resin based 3d printer job. Problem will be in scanning the original to capture all the detail. Is there something on Thingiverse similar?

Hi
Yes you are correct that it is in resin, i think was formed in a mould (although not that good), I have looked on thingiverse but cannot find anything similar,

What i am trying to do is make a model of a fishing boat owned by my great great grandfather, (the only one of 5 that he did not lose or sink).

The original boat still exists and if needed i can get the original line drawings of it for dimensions (it is only the hull i need) or i could would be happy to send the hull to someone if this would help,

Thank you
Mouse.

This is beyond my skill and machine level I’m afraid.

Hi Mouse,
If you have the line drawings and dimensions, it should be possible to model in Fusion360.
I’m happy to give it a go if you want. I’m currently doing a similar thing for a guy who’s building a 1:7 scale Gloster Gladiator.
Once drawn I can try my printer and that doesn’t work I know a couple of people with Resin printers
If you can scan/photo the drawings I can give it a go

2 Likes

Hi Klokman
Thank you for your kind offer.
I will get the plans as soon as possible, it might take a week or two as the person who has them is on holiday at the moment.
As soon as i have them i will let you know an then work out the best way to send them to you.
Thanks again
Mouse.

1 Like

No problems, whenever you’re ready. If you can scan or take photo then I’m sure we can get them transferred electronically.
I presume you’re after a one piece print rather than recreating the kit, I think you used for your pictures?
I’m also wondering if I can get my cnc machine to have a go at cutting one!

Hi
Just to let you know what i have is a one piece hull in resin and not a kit, and yes i would like a one piece print.
To be honest it’s a pretty poor casting as in some places it,s see through but it was the only hull i could find close to what i wanted.
Thanks
Mouse.