Does anyone use a iPad Pro 12.9 4th gen for editing?

Whilst having the Education discount for my Mini M1, I also got the software pack. For the first time, I’ve got legitimate copies of Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro, along with another couple of “professional” packages.

The reason why I recommended the Mac Mini M1, rather than either of the M1 laptops, was that I have a perfectly good iPad Pro for walking about town (not that I’m doing much of that!), and did not need to pay for a screen or trackpad. Also, the M1 Mac Mini is faster than both laptops - see: Mac Benchmarks - Geekbench Browser. (Significantly faster than the MacBook Air.) It’s also cheaper.

I would recommend the 16G version, but don’t be tempted into expanding the Hard Disc.

1 Like

.5% is neither here nor there.

2 Likes

Oops - my bad, and thanks for pointing it out. I misread the table.

So the real difference is mainly one of price:

• Mac Mini, 16G RAM, 256G SSD storage £899 (before any discount)
  • MacBook Air, 16G RAM, 256G SSD storage £1199 (before any discount)

That’s +£300 for a small, high quality screen, Facetime camera, focus microphones, iPhone-like Touch ID, stereo speakers, a keyboard and a trackpad. Not a bad option…

2 Likes

And portability :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just found this i7 11th gen v m1, interesting :thinking:

1 Like

I bought the new iPad Air 2020 for my mrs last month for £641 from Amazon Warehouse. It was the 256GB WiFi model, sold “Like New” … and fair dinkum, it was. Good value I thought … in case it helps others :+1:t2:

3 Likes