Dorset/Bournemouth meeting - Revised Date - 25th March

Borrow my Mavic Pro Karl and show us how it’s done. :+1:
will make great video footage

I wish … :thinking: :thinking:

You’re more than welcome to try our crashable drones. They crash and fly again :+1:

I might be able to be there on the 11th, if my wife’s ok to look after our son while I come.

I’m very new to drones, and have a DJI Mavic Mini that I can bring with me.

i had a crashing drone … a Gopro karma … Crashing it was me speciality…

I’m looking forward to this meet :+1:

2 Likes

I will bring some Gates as well they are for tinywhoops so a bit small for the DJI stuff but are neon so would be good for night flights if we run on a bit.:rofl::rofl:

I’m going to go with the 11th March as that fits slightly better with me and it also gives us a second chance on the 18th if it’s tipping it down.

I know this doesn’t fit with you Adrian @MavicAir but perhaps we can arrange an alternative at some point. I’m keen that nobody misses out and would like to meet as many people as possible in person.

1 Like

Sory to have to ask something so stupidley basic, but I could do with a bit of help please …

I cant work this out … far to many wite pills lately, and Im not doing to well with thinking.

I really dont want to wast batery power down loading stuf on the day. or leave things to the last minut.

Dos an unlock need doing to me drone before ariving… and how do I get the map loaded before I get there…??

Hi Charlie, I’m not sure I know the answer to either of those questions as I’ve only flown a self build FPV there in the past. From what I can see, the area is inside ‘class D’ airspace, but I have flown my son’s DJI in the same type of environment without a problem, and I’m not sure where you are trying to ‘load the map’ to. Perhaps somebody more experienced than me can answer you.

Hi Charlie, check out Ian in London You Tube channel I think Ian did a review on downloading maps to the remote control of the mini 3 pro recently, and check out drone scene for the DJI layer, there should be advice on how to get past that one too. Have fun at the weekend hopefully the weather will be flyable.

Just adding a little detail to this one, Tony. Still not certain if I can make it.

Using What3words - the carpark entrance is at …

According to Parkopedia, it’s free for 3 hours, £2 for 5 hours. All days other than Bank holidays - 8am to 6pm.

The centre of the field is 600m from the Bournemouth FRZ - not an issue - but needs noting.

For those with (unmodified) DJI drones, this is in a DJI “Enhanced Warnings” zone for Bournemouth.

Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.

2 Likes

Looks like it will be this weekend

Not so sure. A few weather models say some drizzle, nothing heavy or prolonged.

Meet office not indicating any …

But they do change their minds, and also get it totally wrong. :laughing:

1 Like

Regardless of weather, I’m not going to be able to make this ‘meet’
Stuff to do at home unfortunately, gutted as I was looking forward to a ‘meet’ in a new place.

Oh well, next time :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks for the extra information Dave. One other thing to add to your pretty exhaustive list, is that on road parking is free, and I’ve never yet had to park in the car park itself.

What’s the furthest people will be coming time wise? I was thinking of putting a Go/No Go on this post at 0800 on the day. I live about 15 minutes away, so the weather is likely to be the same at mine as it is on site.

1 Like

I was well up for coming. Just to go to the seaside too and stop over with the misses, take the plane over the sea. But I can’t shake my cold and I drive a lot for work and I have been getting tired easy. It’s a 3hr + trip there for us. Have to give this weekend a miss. Hopefully next weekend if anyone is there and I feel better.

1 Like

I cant make it either Im afraid. The Mrs car is buggered and wont be ready to pick up from garage until Monday which means Ive gotta be taxi driver over the weekend taking her to work and back :man_facepalming:t3: Hope you all have a great meet and will try to make it next time :crossed_fingers:t2:

ANDMUL
Droningtony

Thanks for the suggestions and I’m sorry for the late reply and the dribble in the question.
I’ve been in QA hospital for a few days and the meds the gave had really messed my brain up big time.

I know its basic, but I’d seen somewhere that you should get the map of where you intense to fly on your done before setting off.
I am really hoping tomorrows weather holds out and the meet goes ahead. Escaping for a few hours of fresh air and R&R will be good.

I have watched several of Ian in London’s videos, but not that one, will have a search for it later today.

Does any body know the post code for me sat nag??

50.748354, -1.893572