Drone/Aircraft Near Miss

I totally agree, hope the pilot reads this and feeling rather embarrassed, such a ridiculous thing to say.

1 Like

Article wouldn’t get as many clicks if it was.

1 Like

Would help if MOD were more transparent about their low flying areas because the details aren’t public for all of them. MOD has been hesitant to release the information to date, I believe for operational security concerns, but I suspect this airprox might cause them to reconsider.

Oh and by the way, the actual Airprox report:

2 Likes

The headline is usually written by a different person than the actual article. You can often see examples once you start looking. It’s very odd. Another reason to never react/share after just reading the headline - always read the article!

BTW, I’m curious how they got the story - do they regularly read new AIRPROX reports just in case there is anything they can use?

ps. Is “The Board first considered the actions of the DJI Matrice operator” in the report a typo, considering the rest of the report says a DJI Mavic 2?

RAF Safety Cell
0800 515544
If its a known low flying area always ring them prior to drone flight. They will want to know. Lat Long. Date and time of flight and max height and your name and phone number.
They will then try to ensure the area is clear.

Standard dribble from the media. they won’t be getting click revenue from me. Not going to waste my time bumping their analytics.

the more people click and engage with their garbage the money they make from it. If everyone just ignores it especially drone pilots drones won’t be worth reporting on because their interactions will be low on previous articles. If an article get lots of interactions positive or negative it all adds to the revenue. if its ignored it won’t make much money and won’t be classed as a good article for revenue in the future so all future drone related issues won’t even get looked at by the media. the more we keep posting and interacting with thier articles the more they think its a popular thing to report about.

1 Like