Drone flying in Spain

After returning from Mojacar in southern Spain last weekend, I put this little ditty together…

Just to let everyone know, if you’re thinking of taking your drone to Spain, there’s nothing to worry about.
Airport security never even bothered opening the case (remember to take out your ipad before the x-ray if using one)
The Mavic case I have was well within the dimensions for taking in the cabin as your “other bag / handbag size” item along with the normal carry-on. (I once took my Phantom 4 in its original polystyrene case as my main cabin bag too and was fine)
Batteries were fully charged before the flight and I never use “Lipo Bags”
We flew Thomas Cook (Yes I know, had to get one of those Operation Matterhorn repatriation flights back home), but have flown Norwegian, RyanAir, Tui and Easyjet also with no problems.
Spanish regs are very similar to the UK drone code. There is an additional one for night flights, which are limited to 50m AGL instead of the usual 120m.
Just stay out of the National Parks. They are highlighted on all the Altitude Angel / Drone Assist apps so you shouldn’t get into trouble.
Anything I’ve missed, just ask away and enjoy the video…

9 Likes

I enjoyed that, thanks!

Brilliant footage mate :ok_hand: