Drone Hacks app - How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic 3, Air, Air 2, Air 2s Air 3, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Avata, RC Pro or DJI FPV drone

I’ve just bought this regular license but I haven’t installed the hack yet. My previous reading of their website does not lead me to believe this needs to be activated before each flight. I’m sure there must be other members who can shed more light on this.

Did you check the bird map on the drone hacks website before you purchased ? Also I e, your drone & what firmware you are currently running ?

Yes, for my Mavic 2 Zoom. My firmware is 01.00.0770 which is recommended. Firmware ver. 01.00.0790 is also recommended. It provides FCC power, altitude limit removal and NFZ removal(I won’t be using the latter). My understanding is that this hack is permanent unless the firmware is updated from DJI.

2 Likes

Yes it’s permanent, as it alters the firmware but if you reflash the firmware you have to reapply the hack

Should I update the firmware from 01.00.0770 to 01.00.0790 before applying the hack? I’m treating the firmware like my PC’s O.S. I don’t immediately get the latest version of Windows because it may have bugs. 01.00.0790 has only recently appeared on the Drone-Hacks website so I’m concerned it may be unstable with the hack. Any thoughts?

@Sparkyws is your man on this and knows way more than me, let him get back to you, I’d have said just do it all threw drone hacks.
Don’t update yet as I’m not entirely 100% sure and would not want to give you the wrong info.
My reckoning would be that when you plug it in to D H it will take you threw all the firmwares needed but please hold fire and seek best advice from the guy above …. :+1:t2:

Cheers Kirky.

1 Like

It looks like the last update was just to stop the exploit :scream:

as they increased the ARB

but the guys at DH have now beaten it, it will have been tested before they released it

personally, I would stay on the 0770

1 Like

Thanks Sparkyws, that’s my inclination too. Much appreciated.

1 Like

A very handy tool to stop the fake DJI restrictions, you still get all the warnings but DJI DONT stop you taking off

Remember not all drones use DJIs NFZ :wink:

That’s an interesting comment. I’m relatively new to Drones so my ignorance is pretty extensive! Can you clarify what you mean by “…fake DJI restrictions”. Also, when you say, “…not all drones use DJIs NFZ” do you mean that they (DJI) arbitrarily decide where we should fly, regardless of local (national rules/regulations/law)?

Pretty much :point_up_2:t2:, have a read on this link below as back in the summer I had a similar conversation, I’d unlock the restrictions ( me personally ) but don’t feel obliged too, use drone scene as your guide / go too of places too fly & TOAL, it’s way more accurate than half the made up crap from DJI, you’ll spend less time having to unlock the bull crap zones etc that DJI make up but always check grey arrows drone scene for / laws restrictions NFZ / FRZ regardless, just because you have way more freedom don’t take it for granted so too speak, me and I’m speaking only for me, I don’t check the DJI app for restricted zones ( very rarely I might ) cross reference it with drone scene just to make sure what I’ve checked is correct, again that’s just me but I go with what drone scene says all the time.
You might find this link useless I’m adding, if so sorry for posting it, there might be a couple of bits in it for reference or to give you an idea, I hope this helps ……

Edit : one rule I stick with is not flying higher than the legal height, which is common sense as you know so please don’t take that the wrong way, I have found myself drifting over the height before when not paying attention.

Thanks for the link Kirky. I’ll check it all out tomorrow when my mind is fresh.

1 Like

Sorry if my explanatory is a bit long winded, as some would or could sum this up in one sentence but it’s to the best of my knowledge.

If you want to go deeper, pull up a chair and a few coffees

Thanks. I didn’t get through all of it but the decision as to whether or not to install NFZ hack was made for me when I installed the hack yesterday. The certificate which installs altitude limit removal (which I want) also installs the NFZ hack.

1 Like

With the certificate active you still get all the warning prompts but with no effect to the drone

deanoG60 have you had any problems with your mini im trying drone hacks but keep getting FCC looked at many you tube videos but no good steve said you might just might help

Hi @crapflyer I’ve moved your post to this thread, it has all the information regarding drone hacks. I don’t use drone hacks myself so I can’t help unfortunately, I will leave you in the capable hands of the guys in this thread who should be able to assist :+1:t2:

Dronehacks for the Mini 1 is by the companion app. see the bird-map

Or you could try this free method

1 Like