Drone Related Apps - Recommendations

Is there a generally accepted list of the most help apps to get on your phone as a drone pilot. Obviously the DJI app is a must, but I also have “Drone Assist” by Safety Apps - Dronesafe

What’s everyone else using a does anyone have any recommendations?

Mine

1 Like

Make sure and login with your GADC details for the good stuff.

2 Likes

There are some apps listed in the GADC Member Information Pack too.

(which can be found in the #members-only category)

1 Like

Mine, although I don’t use half of these. UAV Forecast probably most often! I also keep a shortcut to Grey Arrows, of course, but that’s on the home screen.

3 Likes

And mine… still adding to the list.

Easy VFR Basic.
SkyDemon Lite if you use IOS

I use a few of the above but also use the Met Office weather app, it gives good weather reports and you can save different locations so you can see where the weather will be better before heading out.

I have Drone Assist, but don’t bother with AirMap as it is basically a copy of Drone Assist, stick with the original.

Is there any good apps for my phone for my drone?. Any apps that help with photos,video, flying.

Many thanks people

1 Like

Here what I have on mine, I’m sure there’s a lot more.

Also see…

1 Like

Moved your post over to the pre-existing thread that was kindly suggested by @McSteamy2010 (and saved me looking for it! :+1: )

1 Like

Are there any new apps out there or just the ones mentioned above? :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

Is that an app for this site? Or a shortcut?

1 Like

I use dronescene.co.uk because it includes National Trust sites. For the weather, I use Clear Outside on Android, not sure if it’s available for iO$

2 Likes

That’s a shortcut saved to the home screen :+1:t4:

1 Like

Although I am new to this scene, I know some experienced fliers and have had many apps recommended to me. !

Screenshot_20200620_094904_com.huawei.android.launcher|233x500

2 Likes

My most used has to be snapseed photo editor.

Moto: JUST HDR THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING!

2 Likes

If you use the upload button, your images will display correctly. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi,

I’ve download a few drone map apps, but I’m not sure which one to rely upon.

Here are three screenshots of the area just west of Guildford…

DJI Fly

NATS Drone Assist

AirMap

They all look different. Which Map App should I be using?

Thank you!