Drone U membership

I’ve been watching the Drone U online Q&As and thinking about taking a look at their online courses. It’s $49/month (which can be cancelled anytime after the first month) and covers everything from Beginners Practice and Tips, Drills and Exercises, to Videography, Photography, and Mapping. This is pretty much the direction of travel I’m looking at following. I was just wondering if any of you chaps had ever had a membership and whether it’s worth a look?

I’ve never even heard of it, much less given them any money :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just had at their website, they are American. Probably why I’ve not heard of them.

1 Like

Not heard of them either and I tend to wander the internet looking for places to spend my money.

As to what they are offering - well, if you would like to pay me just £19.99 a month - PayPal or Bank Transfer most acceptable - I’ll grant you access to the best place in the UK to get advice …

Oh, bo**ocks, you’re already here! :slight_smile:

Seriously, save your money and spend it on flying your aircraft. You will learn more doing that than listening to someone telling you how they do things in the States.

If you want advice use the search function in here, if you don’t see the answer ask your question. If you want to learn from videos then GADC member @ianinlondon has a great range of tutorials on his YouTube channel Another guy I enjoy is Nenrik Olsen with his Drone and Electric Unicycle channel

TL;DR So keep your money in your pocket, get experience by flying, watch the experts and ask the guys in here all the questions you need answering.

7 Likes

If their YouTube channel is anything to go by,i would not bother! the bloke who does the YouTube channel is a bit of a Drongo avoid! ( if its the same people!) :grimacing: :grimacing:

2 Likes

Cheers macspite. I’m just finding my feet, looking for some guidance.

2 Likes

You’ll get all the guidance you need here. I’ve found my feet and met up with some fellow flyers on here. It genuinely is a good forum. ENJOY.

3 Likes

Got to agree with Paul, we are the drone flyers friend here on GADC, hints, tips, discounts, what more could you want.
We’ll even come along and show you how to fly it, if you want !.
Seriously, great advice from some very, very experienced Flyers here.
And we are very good at spending other people money when it comes to buying a drone, that you will be able to fly, unlike some of the shite you see on Fleabay !.

4 Likes

Should that not be “i am very good at making other people spend money”??? just kidding,ordered your Evo 2 or Air 2 yet Chris?.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of them

1 Like

You cannot go wrong listening to this guy and all the rest he here he talks lots of sense well most of the time :joy:

4 Likes

We will always happily answer any questions that you may have! All you have to do is ask

2 Likes

I have not looked at that but have watched some Drone courses at https://www.udemy.com/topic/drone-photography/ every few weeks they have a sale at £10. At the moment they are £13. They are long and quite involved but great value for a one payment per course bobwillis.co.uk

1 Like

Thanks Bobby. I’ll keep a look out for the special offers.

1 Like

Great advice.

2 Likes