Duddingston Kirk Edinburgh

. Mini 2

13 Likes

Lovely crisp images Jaybee. Keep 'em coming.

Cheers
Keith

1 Like

Nice pics John :+1:

1 Like

Cheers mate

Absolutely awesome set of pictures… I’ve owned my Air 2 for 3 weeks and still not even flown it due to this typical British weather!!!

1 Like

Mavic air 2 can handle the wind keep it low and get some experience in windy conditions its good to be able to fly in all weathers

2 Likes

May I ask similar to myself on NATS you come under High Risk circle filming there how does that work. Do you need to contact Edinburgh Airport or just show due care and professionalism and stick to flying low. I am new to all this and the red circle gives me the fear I might get in trouble if say I fly it from my garden… btw awesome pictures

1 Like

Use common sense and use the drone code I was flying a mini 2

2 Likes

Yeah I have a mini 2 live in Blackburn West Lothian just on the edge of the flight zone and yeah always stick to drone code

Thank you for help just was wondering if I could fly over my village

1 Like

Duddingston Kirk is over 9km from Edinburgh airport’s FRZ.

The high risk circle you are referring to is the airport’s CTR which you are allowed to fly in under 400ft.

3 Likes

Based on your image and the Grey Arrows club map I have nothing to worry as much it was because DroneAssist has it under as a High Risk and being a newbie I got worried, once again thank you for information and incite, very much appreciated

2 Likes

No worries, happy flying :+1:
Dronescene is your friend, just turn off the Class D airspace layer and you will not see the larger red circle on the map.
Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Drone Scene

Lovely set of images! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you

Very nice John, passed it many times but not from above!

1 Like

It’s not very big, I was pulled up on another site saying it would have been more professional if I wasn’t in it, I then explained there wasn’t alot of room and the reason I am walking behind it was to keep in my vlos so hence why I am in the video lol. Its worth a wee visit. I remember when I was young there used to be a stepped block which allows female horse riders to mount and dis mount on there was to the kirk.

1 Like