Durdle door/Hurst castle/Sandbanks

Little compilation of footage from the last few weeks of coastal trips. I really need a filter set…
https://youtu.be/vjEO9weudrI

11 Likes

I was down sandbanks couple of weeks ago, perfect weather for flying and left my SD card at home, was gutted.

Will be back down soon and hoping to get some good shots.

Lovely footage!

2 Likes

Always have a spare in the car/wallet/bag they are cheap enough now ;o)

2 Likes

Thanks! I think there is something about the area. I was heading through there for work a few weeks ago and forgot the controller!

You’re right. I think that’s got to be the plan from now on!

@richardmarsh888 might be worth keeping a spare controller in the car too :grin:

2 Likes

You carefully avoided the nudist beach on Studland I see :rofl:

Not sure that it’s a filter you need it just all looked a bit over exposed . Pretty sure you can fix that in post processing and next time when out dial the exposure down.

You went out a long way to get that boat out from , it looked like Milford on sea or are you flying off a boat?

2 Likes

Agreed. +1

Keep the histogram visible and protect the highlights … after that everything is available for correction in post.

2 Likes

Cracking video Richard! :heart_eyes: greats shots and great location. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi, the boat was actually just a few hundred meters out. I was on the bridge to Hurst Castle at the time!

Yeah I am going to get the over exposure issues sorted. I am still quite amateur at the filming and the editing.

1 Like

Cheers mate!

1 Like

That takes me back. I grew up a couple of miles from Hurst Castle (Lymington), my first wife lived at the end of the Hurst Spit when I met her and I spent most summer holidays at Sandbanks (or Mudeford). All a long time ago.

Just adjust the exposure down a little. That should do it.

2 Likes

Nice smooth panning shots.
I got a set of the PGYTECH ND and UV filters.
Leaving the ND8 on for a bit to see how it goes.
I also forgot SD card yesterday but the saving to iPad worked out ok.

2 Likes