Eastbourne area

New to droning and recently licenced CAA. Seems there’s a lot of bylaws in this area. Anyone know where I can go to practice this new art???

Welcome… :slightly_smiling_face:
you could try here…

Cheers Steve

1 Like

This is, AFAIK, the definitive chart for restrictions in the UK - you need to zoom to see local sensitive and restricted areas: https://dronesafetymap.com/

I’ve just looked at the Eastbourne Council website and tried to make sense of their collection of byelaw *.pdfs.

The only “useful” item I came across by doing a search for “drones” on the council website was this:

Selection_936

So now you know - avoid certain areas and, in other certain areas, follow the drone code!

I suggest you write to the council (mentioning that you are a qualified UAV operator and pilot registerted with the Civil Aviation Authority) asking for a definitive map

1 Like

What area around Eastbouure are you looking at, on the Pevensy Marsh road in the direction of Bexhill just short of the first turn of to Hooe people fly radio controlled aircraft that may be a good starting point until you find other areas, Beachy Head may also be of use to you.

Thanks for that. Still looking fora practiceground

Thanks. I’ve seen the restriction chart. From my experience droners are frowned up around here including the council! But thanks for replying.

Im living near the area you mentioned. It is a model flying aircraft club. No stonings while they are flying but will try and contact them. I still look out though for a practice ground. Council are not very helpful and I hear that the local farmers are a bit anti! This what you get in an overcrowded country. I’ll keep searching. Thanks for replying

Welcome to this lovely madhouse :joy:

I have flown from both West and East Hills in Hastings, may be a bit of a trip for you however you can get some good photos and video from both locations and of course on the West Hill you are close to the castle.

Where?

The clue might be in the topic title? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha I was thinking about going to beachy head on bank holiday Monday